Yukon Denali Reserve Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Sounds like it was just added a couple weeks ago. I am seeing on the GM website that there is no longer an Ultimate package? So Reserve must have replaced the Ultimate and you have to a la carte the rear entertainment? Interesting change for mid-model year...
Correct, there isn't a ultimate package anymore because of the RES. Everything is exactly the same between both packages except for the RES. Because of everything going on with chip shortages and supply chain issues, GMC has pulled the RES from production for at least the remaining model year. We might see it back again for 2023 if things start to rebound.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're in the thick of it, man! I don't miss those years, but it gets better. Ours are 10 and 13 now, and travel is so much easier. Plus, if they make a mess in the car now, they're old enough to be reasonably expected to clean it up. And I'm convinced that there is no better or more versatile family hauler/long distance cruiser/tow vehicle on the planet than one of these trucks. Good job, dad.
Yeah, the floor is my 4 year old's trash can. They will be 5 and 2 in May and June respectively so we are inching ourselves there lol. I always tell my wife that I can't wait until they are self sufficient (to some degree), she doesn't die that I am wishing away their younger years lol.

Agreed, this vehicle is perfectly laid out to do everything we need it to do and then some. I am definitely very happy with the trunk space behind the 3rd row compared to our Tahoe. Not sure how much more room we have there but seems like an extra 6" which makes a huge difference with luggage.

Last edited:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the floor is my 4 year old's trash can. They will be 5 and 2 in May and June respectively so we are inching ourselves there lol. I always tell my wife that I can't wait until the self sufficient (to some degree), she doesn't die that I am wishing away their younger years lol.

Agreed, this vehicle is perfectly laid out to do everything we need it to do and then some. I am definitely very happy with the trunk space behind the 3rd row in the compared to our Tahoe. Not sure how much more room we have there but seems like an extra 6" which makes a huge difference with luggage.
Yeah, I don't know how people with the shorties do it when they have kids. We use the extra length ALL the time - mainly because our kids do much better when they each have their own row. Throw in the dog and a bunch of gear, and we use every inch of that cargo area.

I'll invest in a new one one of these years, but our 2007 and 2012 are both still so reliable, we haven't needed to. I like to pay cash for cars, so we'll see what these '22s are going for in 4-5 years and maybe plunk down some money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby