Yukon Stopped While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kikilett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate - Was driving home from work and it just stopped running. Had to coast to the side of the road. Aux power comes on; however it wont start, doesn't do anything and can't shift out of park. Being towed to the dealer. Anyone have this problem before or thoughts on what it might be?
What was the issue and resolution? I was driving yesterday and noticed I couldn't accelerate, the car forced into neutral and put an error message that said "press start again". I coasted to a safe place and tried to start the car. At that point, nothing came on except the aux, the engine wouldn't start or even turnover and it was stuck in park and the message said "conditions not correct for shift".

fruiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This EXACT thing happened to me yesterday in my 2021 Yukon XL Denali. I couldnt even put it in Neutral. I had to have the car towed to a closed GMC dealership in Clearwater and then rent a car to drive home to Jacksonville. Such a frustrating experience and no idea what's up with it. I would try to restart it but it acted like it wasnt getting any fuel (even though there is a full tank).
What did it end up being? Same thing happened to my 2021 Yukon XL Denali today.

fruiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was the issue and resolution? I was driving yesterday and noticed I couldn't accelerate, the car forced into neutral and put an error message that said "press start again". I coasted to a safe place and tried to start the car. At that point, nothing came on except the aux, the engine wouldn't start or even turnover and it was stuck in park and the message said "conditions not correct for shift".
Same thing happened to mine today. What did your issue end up being?

CowtownTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did the same this weekend. Dealer sent a tow truck and hauled it back.

Mine felt like a slipping transmission just before it died. Had a noise like a bad belt, but couldn’t find any that were loose. 31k miles on a 2023 I bought 23 months ago.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same this weekend. Dealer sent a tow truck and hauled it back.

Mine felt like a slipping transmission just before it died. Had a noise like a bad belt, but couldn’t find any that were loose. 31k miles on a 2023 I bought 23 months ago.
The bad belt noise, did it do that right when accelerating from a stop? My ‘21 just started to do that…doesn’t feel like a slipping transmission but just hear an odd chirp like from a belt all of a sudden.

CowtownTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The bad belt noise, did it do that right when accelerating from a stop? My ‘21 just started to do that…doesn’t feel like a slipping transmission but just hear an odd chirp like from a belt all of a sudden.
I was 45 miles into a road trip and had just hit the hill country. Was running fine then I had to slow down for a turning car at the bottom of a hill. Felt sluggish getting to speed up the hill, got to about 75mph but turned down the radio, heard the noise, backed off accelerator, it went away, hit it again and the car died. All happened in about 45-60 seconds with no warnings beforehand.

CowtownTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to update, my engine is seized. Glad it’s in warranty but that’s 2 out of my last GMC’s that lost the engine before the warranty expired. Other was a diesel 2500.

Oh well, gonna let them replace it and keep driving it. Should get a new warranty at zero miles.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update, my engine is seized. Glad it’s in warranty but that’s 2 out of my last GMC’s that lost the engine before the warranty expired. Other was a diesel 2500.

Oh well, gonna let them replace it and keep driving it. Should get a new warranty at zero miles.
That’s just nuts. Not good at all.

Hopefully you don’t have to wait too long for a replacement.

smhardy23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What did it end up being? Same thing happened to my 2021 Yukon XL Denali today.
Good afternoon, This happened to me this week as well. 2023 GMC Yukon Denali...18K miles... What was the issue. Mine was towed to the dealership, but currently no word on what the issue is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usadrenaline