Cop problems with HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eandj23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get HID's for my Yukon but I dont want to deal with the hassle of cops pulling me over.

Let me know what you have experienced and what HID's you have on your car.

THANKS!

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get HID's for my Yukon but I dont want to deal with the hassle of cops pulling me over.

Let me know what you have experienced and what HID's you have on your car.

THANKS!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/
6000K 35w

No problems so far. I'm sure it depends on where you live and how they feel that day. Plus I'm sure it helps when I show them who I work for :Handshake:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
me neither, if they say anything, just tell them look at imports, Maximas, Cadillac, Denalis,etc...

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i only have that problem when they cant bother me with other things like my music or tints....plus 9 out of 10 when they stop me for my lights some one drives past with even brighter lights is hard to write a ticcet for sumtin like that unless you really over due it some need more light to see then other not all road are equally lite.. plus i wear glasses extra lights lets me see better LOL get them every time..

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i only have that problem when they cant bother me with other things like my music or tints....plus 9 out of 10 when they stop me for my lights some one drives past with even brighter lights is hard to write a ticcet for sumtin like that unless you really over due it some need more light to see then other not all road are equally lite.. plus i wear glasses extra lights lets me see better LOL get them every time..

Sorry to sort of hijack this thread but what temp are your lights? I really like that color.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TX DPS will pull you over for anything around here. I've had HIDs on my truck, Cadillac, and a couple other cars for a few years and haven't once been pulled over for them, not even by our outrageously strict state troopers.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems for me either. I have had them on for about a year now. I think it has alot to do with the color you chose as well. I have 6000k ones, so they are just very white with very slight blue to them. I bet if you get something higher than that which will look alot bluer, than you might run into some problems with cops.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TX DPS will pull you over for anything around here. I've had HIDs on my truck, Cadillac, and a couple other cars for a few years and haven't once been pulled over for them, not even by our outrageously strict state troopers.

Aint that the truth. I've been pulled over for "following too closely" and "stopping with my rear tires on the line thats lined up the the stop sign." (I even saw him turn his camera on 2-3 miles before finding something to pull me over for)

haha too bad i got out of both of them.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to sort of hijack this thread but what temp are your lights? I really like that color.

i have no idea i got them like 2 yeas ago when i 1st got my trucc i think they could b 8000k or 10k but their not that blue in person i have other pic of them i think without the flash it came out that way but in the street there is a hint of blue but not that blue...