375rwhp is the goal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal, NO FI/NO2 and I would like to stick with the 5.3 or at the VERY least get as close as I can to the number and then transfer everything to a 6.0 I have the 4L80E going in shortly and would like to apply a little power to it along with equal or higher tq#.

I guess its more of the question; how realistic is this goal?

I'm thinking the following, maybe not in this order
Heads - https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=23&cat=37&page=1
Cam - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-54-424-11/
Intake - maybe a stock LS6 intake or something???
Headers - http://www.calspeedperformance.com/product_p/csp-silverado 99-06 headers.htm
exhaust - open to suggestions I guess but with the above headers it would just be a single in single out performance muffler I guess...

Is this even going to get me close to my goal. The reason I dont want FI is because it will take too long to save up all the cash....thats a big damn nut to crack.

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO...update. You know how you come across those deals that are just a little too good to pass up? Well that kind of happend to me where all these parts/ideas are going to fall into place.

I have the 4L80E sitting there patiently waiting to be installed but I have to get adapters and flywheels and programs for it to work properly.

I came across a 6.0 out of a 2005 Silverado 1500HD that already had the 4L80E attached to it (trans not included but the flywheel is) with the computer and wiring harness included for a stupid good price.

The stock 6.0 out of the 05 1500HD is set up to push 300hp and 360tq as it sits. Thats a pretty good place to start.

Wish me luck!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty good list you have there, but putting that HP to the ground will be the problem. Remember you lose ~15% through the drivetrain alone. Your cam will help on the low end, but you may want to consider a new TC.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We put L92 heads on the 6.0L in the SSS. The thing to note, is that you will gain on top end, and lose on the low end- it is a noticeable loss.

Last edited:

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We put L92 heads on the 6.0L in the SSS. The thing to note, is that you will gain on top end, and lose on the low end- it is a noticeable loss.

this is true! car craft did a write up, comparing the stock 317 heads to the L92s. they ran a larger cam with the L92s of course, and the L92s actually lost power under 5k rpms. i want to say the L92 were 25-30 hp AND tq behind the 317s all the way til the 317s(with smaller cam) choked off. but the L92 and cam pulled another 1500 rpms and during those rpms, made an additional 70 hp. ill try to find the article...

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love you guys! UPDATE Part duex!

Lets add somemore to the mix...

I just picked up all this for $220 shipped :D

Trailblazer SS intake manifold with TB
5f6bbc58.jpg

Yellow spring from trailblazer ss with 32,000 miles
3c144d42.jpg

-2006 tbss cam (three bolt) (204/211 .525 .525 116)
388ae620.gif

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those parts will work great with the 317 heads. the L92 have a different port design and require ls3 intake. but next time i put a cam in a vehicle, itll be a custom. look into flowtechinduction.com, ed curtis cuts their cams and he REALLY knows his stuff

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hard to pass up a decent cam for $70

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Any predictions?

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prob about what a stock tbss makes, the ls2 in the tbss is basically an all aluminum lq9. so with those parts id assume youll make about he same power they do, maybe alittle less bc lq4 compression is lower

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255