375rwhp is the goal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was joking about the 4.3.. it was slow as crap..... the truck has spring traction bars that help... maybe i should have put an lol or something...

have you thought of just buying EFI live instead of a $1,000 snap on scanner..?

LOL I was getting nervous about that 4.3

Oh I'm not wanting to BUY the tool at all, I just want to find someone who has one and knows how to use it. So far the only one is an idiot and tried to tell me that they would have to completely reprogram my PMC to get it to relearn the CPS :gayflag:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A relearn may be true. But a good EFI live operator can do a full reprogram in the passenger seat in less than 2 hours...

Buddy jus did a 5.9 cummins mated to a GM version Allison 6speed. Is using all 6.0 sensors, stand alone cummins engine ecu, and the GM computer is literally only run ing the gauges and the trans.

These computers can be programmed to do anything you just have to know how to do it. And he is planting over 500 to rear end of a 02 Sierra 4wd. And te build is weekly adding power. Goal is 6-700 and over 1,000 torque. So don't let someone tell you that it can't e reprogrammed and don't let a ground up remapping/programming scare you. Buddy has to remap almost every mod we do to the cummins. Lol. So it's not a big deal. Don't let it scare you

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm not scared by it at all, its that I already paid for the tune and lifetime upgrades. The particular crackhead in question had no clue or was of the impression that I didnt. I was born at night, just not last night.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well get your guy to simply retune it. And remap it for the mods you have added.

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, it was tuned for my build. I gave them all the specs, they did there thing and sent it to me. When I called them about the CPS they said this happens about 10% of the time and it could be fixed by doing the CPS relearn. When I do any further upgrades they will adjust my tune and send me another PCM, all I pay is shipping both ways. Thats why I didnt want anyone else reflashing anything when it should be an easy push of a button to fix. Its not supposed to be this complicated. :emotions122:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly not supposed to be that complicated. I prefer a local EFI tune they tend to be more accurate and better than a general cross board tune. But not everyone has a local that can do it. I happen to have a buddy that does it.. Basically same thing Justin at BB does. EFI live tune in the car while in motion.

But your build sure is a nice upgrade from your previous 5.3 setup. Interested to see the MPGs you get when you decide to lighten your heavy foot lol

OP
OP
T

TSFR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly not supposed to be that complicated. I prefer a local EFI tune they tend to be more accurate and better than a general cross board tune. But not everyone has a local that can do it. I happen to have a buddy that does it.. Basically same thing Justin at BB does. EFI live tune in the car while in motion.

But your build sure is a nice upgrade from your previous 5.3 setup. Interested to see the MPGs you get when you decide to lighten your heavy foot lol

John, one day I need to make the trip to Clemson so we can all hang out :D

I'm starting to get curious about the mpg's as well. Once I get the dyno run done I will fill the tank and start logging then. I figure I have another 150 miles to get most of this out of my system before I have to get down to business.

Currently I'm still having issues with the Cam position sensor which come to find out, you CAN NOT relearn....just the crank position sensor :shocked: so after every bit of trouble shooting we could come up with (verified wiring was good, fuel pressure was strong and even replaced the CPS) there is still no joy. Still getting the hard start (2-4 tries then it fires right up) and the SES. Now I'm starting to wonder if the camshaft isnt 100% compatable with my build. the error is a high voltage reading...any ideas? I'd like to fix it instead of code around it.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll send thread to JP my buddy that does the EFI live tuning see of he has any ideas.

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what have you done so far to get those kind of numbers... all ive done is a CAI, a cat back system, and EFI Live tune

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A