White on White - Complete Interior Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My summer project, gunna hurt the pocket book but man I can't wait. I'm going to completely pull the interior and do all the plastic prep myself to save on some of the $. Edit: I decided to paint it myself so I picked up a large air compressor and some paint guns.

I'm not dreading the interior removal, the install or the prep work....I'm dreading buying the new visors, seatbelts and a couple other parts that you simply cannot avoid replacing if you are going to do what I'm planning. I actually bought this white Tahoe with this interior mod in mind. So with that, I present my biggest project on this hoe!

-Black Molded Full Carpet (Ultra-Plush pile)
-Black Mats (Lloyds plush)
-Black stitched headliner
-Black Leather seats w/Pearl White inserts from Katzkin (gathered, full leather option w/ "BOSS" stitched in front seat leanback)
-Black Perforated vinyl inserts (gathered) on small door panels front/rear
-Pearl White leather steering wheel wrap
-Painting Entire interior semi-matte black

(I'm kinda "branding" the word "BOSS" like it's an after-market custom name :D)

I still haven't figured out this part yet, but I want to cut out the word TAHOE in the door sills. Then maybe install a white piece of plastic film under and over the letters with LED bulb underneath. Any ideas, like where to buy a solid door sill that fits the Gen2 Tahoe that isn't ribbed would be appreciated!

BOSSpicture.jpg

Last edited:

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love white leather...for about a minute till it gets dirty. for some reason I always manage to get filthy throughout the day I wouldnt wanna have to change clothes just to get in the car.

Should look really sick though remeber to take pictures and various stages.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That should look pretty good. Watch out with the white though. Way back in my lowrider days, and that was WAY back, I did one of my interiors with white leather and crush velour. Looked good, but as a daily driver, it was too much maintenence to keep clean.
I'm definitely looking forward to see it all done though!

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, as **** as it sounds, I'll have some seat covers or partial seat covers on to preserve the leather and it's not going to be my daily driver after this year

Weekend comes, I pull the seat covers off! :party33:

BOSS

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go with suede headliner, seatbelts black or gray?

Unfortunately the grey that I've found just doesn't match close enough to the paint for the plastic. So for now I'm going with Black.

Any experiences with painting plastic are much appreciated! I've gotten the instructions from a reputable online shop which are very comprehensive but I like real world experience combined with instruction sets!

Thanks

BOSS

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man you have some project ahead of ya... should be sick lookin in the end!!

hyde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From experience if you get your factory panels prepped properly the paint will stick very very good. Light coats with ample dry time or it will crinkle kind of like solvent pop in a paint job.

OP
OP
BOSS

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From experience if you get your factory panels prepped properly the paint will stick very very good. Light coats with ample dry time or it will crinkle kind of like solvent pop in a paint job.

Thanks!

I would think heavy solvents would ruin plastic, so my thought was to blast the paint off with a semi-fine sand to keep the plastic countour. I already pulled half of the backpanels from a 05 junk tahoe to practice on.

After my retune with Justin in September, the project begins. It's a little late coming but better late than never.

Still haven't figured out the door sills yet, I really want those flat sills with the word TAHOE cut out and white LED lighting them up. Going to hire JK and he is fabn up the top of my dash before I paint it for Interceptor guages so maybe he can fab that up too at the same time.

B O S S

Last edited:

hyde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you can wipe down the plastic with a good degreaser or rubbing alcoholect and you wont have to blast it. My thoughts are that the blasting media will pit the plastics almost instantly. I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7