01 burban front and rear HVAC. No heat upfront Heat in rear only ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New one to me ???

I have a 01 Burban with front/rear A/C RPO C68/C69

At moment, I Only have heat in the rear back section but none up front drivers area ?? Want to fix ASAP suppose to get ufkin cold this weekend and taking a 3 hour road trip

no heat through front defrost vents or anything ??

So is it a Blend door issue or heater core ??

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check fuses first. If no air is blowing up front, at all, aside from fuses, the next most likely thing is your blower motor resistor, and/or 5he blower motor itself.

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check fuses first. If no air is blowing up front, at all, aside from fuses, the next most likely thing is your blower motor resistor, and/or 5he blower motor itself.

it does blow out air but only blows room temp air or A/C but no heater up front no hot air??

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think what he's trying to say is that the front blower works, but there isn't any hot air up there. "No heater up front" could mean a lot of things.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, heat works fine in the rear but not upfront ???

Not to kick a dead horse, but it would help if you would be more specific. "heat works...but not upfront" does not tell us if the fan (blower) is working, or if it's just a cold air / hot air temperature problem. Two very different diagnosis paths.

OP
OP
B

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to kick a dead horse, but it would help if you would be more specific. "heat works...but not upfront" does not tell us if the fan (blower) is working, or if it's just a cold air / hot air temperature problem. Two very different diagnosis paths.

Blower fan works fine upfront just no heat ?? just outside air and A/C work upfront heater is INOP upfront but works fine for rear passenger's ?? My truck has front and rear HVAC

Dave

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have single zone up front or the dual zone (driver/passenger)?

May be a blend door/blend door actuator issue. It might be stuck and only drawing in cold air from outside. Plastic tabs on blend door can break, the gears could be stripped or the motor died in the actuator.
Failed actuators seem to be a very common problem.

If it is the one on the bottom of the front heater box, that is a cheap and pretty easy part to swap out.
If it is the one on the top, it is still cheap, but a little more involved (not hard just more stuff to get out of the way and work around).

If others think this might be you issue, start looking up "how-to" threads on this forum and some videos on Youtube.
You could do it DIY.

I have seen people with access to a welder (or friend with a welder) take a socket and weld it to a flat bar, in order to get the top bolt out of the actuator on the top side. That home-made tool allow you to get in the tight space on top and not have to pull the top dash panel off.

I hope you find out what the solution is! Keep us posted.

Last edited:

olemRmIkE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this same issue in my 2008 tahoe. Its intermiten when temps are from about 30 to teens and no heat if its colder, but heat blows well if its above 30. Pretty wierd...
I have the dual climate control in the front, recently new thermostat plent of heat in the rear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darous 640