02 Tahoe Z71 Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I was looking at Kryptonite.

They don't have a complete kit for suspension?

It looks like Kryptonite doesn't sell all suspension parts. What other brands could I pair with Kryptonite for the rest of the suspension if I do go with them?

Money isn't really an issue but I also don't wanna spend a stupid amount

I just want a smooth ride that'll last me a long time, not like the cheap parts I bought.
Kryptonite should have
Uca, upgraded tie rods, heavy duty lower ball joints, sway bar links, and wheel bearings
They also have idler and pitman arms for the 99-06
Not sure what else you would be missing
On my trucks(07-13) I have everything kryptonite minus the upper control arms which I devoted to run fabtech uniball control arms and dirt king locking alignment cam plates besides that it’s all kryptonite stuff

OP
OP
F

fernandodagoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kryptonite should have
Uca, upgraded tie rods, heavy duty lower ball joints, sway bar links, and wheel bearings
They also have idler and pitman arms for the 99-06
Not sure what else you would be missing
On my trucks(07-13) I have everything kryptonite minus the upper control arms which I devoted to run fabtech uniball control arms and dirt king locking alignment cam plates besides that it’s all kryptonite stuff
Maybe I missed it. I'll check it out again after work.

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it. I'll check it out again after work.
Just got my mixture of parts today for my Silverado
Got kryptonite uca bushings
Kryptonite lower ball joints
Kryptonite tie rod sleeves which I will have to cut in half for these apex tie rods
Apex hummer style inner tie rods
Dirt king locking alignment cams
And twisted metal fab tie rod ends
IMG_8166.jpeg

OP
OP
F

fernandodagoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Atomic fab makes a nice torsion bar to coil over conversions for these 99-06’s
I personally run kryptonite products on everything I own and I’ve had no issues at all with any of their stuff.
I wanted to be one and done for awhile as far as the front end goes so I opted for the beefier kryptonite stuff and locking alignment cam plates from dirt king fab to hold it all together
Even if you plan to stay stock height kryptonite is about the beefiest suspension you can get for these rigs before stepping into fabricated pre runner suspension with heimjoints and what not
Note if you do switch to coil overs up front it would be beneficial to upgrade the upper control arms and if money allows it a set of uniball uca to allow for more down travel as it’ll give you a smoother ride and your suspension won’t “bottom out” like it does on the stock suspension
Who makes good uniball ucas?

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
I’ve had good luck with my fabtech uniballs but if you can’t find a set for the 99-06 then cognitos are good or any of the dirt king fab camburg mozzi off-road are all good I just got the fabtech arms cheap on sale on amazon for like 500 or so at the time vs 750$ normally
And yes I’ve had experience with rough country and my honest opinion I hated their shocks I hated their control arms it was a night and day difference when I put quality coil overs and rear shocks in paired with the uniball uca it completely transformed my ride and handling
IMG_7808.jpeg
I’ve got uniballs on both my truck and my Tahoe
Tahoe rides a lot better because of the coil overs
I’ll be putting coil overs on the truck when I rebuild the front end this week so I’ll keep you posted on the ride quality and handling with the new setup

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Looks like fabtech don’t make em for the 99-06 anymore I found a similar set made by cst I’ll look and see if I can find a set any cheaper for you

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Looks like CST full throttle suspension and cognito are the only main ones who still makes uniball control arms for the 99-06 cst being the cheapest
cognito uca i found on eBay for 600$ for ball joint style and 700$ for the uniball ones but i like how cst has the gussets and brace on their arms and they have caps over the joints too I believe.
My buddy’s daily driven his uniballs for 5-6 years no problems I’ve had mine for maybe 4 years or so and no issue I just keep em clean and spray some teflon types crc lube on em I got them because I was tired of replacing ball joints and scalloped out tires

OP
OP
F

fernandodagoat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like CST full throttle suspension and cognito are the only main ones who still makes uniball control arms for the 99-06 cst being the cheapest
cognito uca i found on eBay for 600$ for ball joint style and 700$ for the uniball ones but i like how cst has the gussets and brace on their arms and they have caps over the joints too I believe.
My buddy’s daily driven his uniballs for 5-6 years no problems I’ve had mine for maybe 4 years or so and no issue I just keep em clean and spray some teflon types crc lube on em I got them because I was tired of replacing ball joints and scalloped out tires
I looked at the CST site and says it only fits 2WD models and will not fit torsion bar front ends. (I'm pretty sure I have torsion bar.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK