2002 tahoe euro version

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe Belgium

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As said i have a euro version here in Belgium and i wonder if anybody knows where to get a key fob to start my car .I would like to buy a spare key fob .The problem is that its a euro version with 455 hertz and the US version is i believe 215 hertz .As now i can open the door , i have to start within 15 secs and if not i have to push again .I cannot start my car with the key without pushing the key fob .Makes me nervous .Times ago somebody on this forum had the same question in France but no solution .

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds to me like this is part of an aftermarket alarm system, although I'm not up on the Euro version. Not being able to start the engine unless one pushes the button on the key fob sounds non-factory.

What does your working key fob look like (pic?), and are there any identifying words and/or numbers on it?

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe that this has something to do with an Euro version.

I know 3 Escalade and 3 Tahoe. None of them must press a button to start the engine. I think you probably have a aftermarket immobilizer, like Fless also suggest, that was widespread in the 90s, at least in Germany, because the opening of the borders to the Eastern Bloc caused car thefts to skyrocket.

To press a button and start the car within a certain time was common at most after market immobilizers.

Can you take a photo of your transmitter and post it here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123