2007 Yukon Denali AWD Transmission Compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gms1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a used transmission and can't seem to find a straight answer.

Do you know what other model years 6L80 fit the 2007 Yukon Denali AWD?

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks!

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a used transmission and can't seem to find a straight answer.

Do you know what other model years 6L80 fit the 2007 Yukon Denali AWD?

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks!
I wouldnt buy used, those are a crap shoot, especially the pre-2009 model year units. Properly overhaul yours so that it's no longer a concern.

Check out my 6L80 Info Thread (link is in my sig) for parts liste, procedures and resources to help you along the way.

OP
OP
G

Gms1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wouldnt buy used, those are a crap shoot, especially the pre-2009 model year units. Properly overhaul yours so that it's no longer a concern.

Check out my 6L80 Info Thread (link is in my sig) for parts liste, procedures and resources to help you along the way.
I believe you need an 07-09 for drop in replacement...
..possibly can use later models if you use the 07-09 TCM.. ?

@NickTransmissions might know!
Thanks Mike!

OP
OP
G

Gms1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I found a 2013 with transfer case and 109k for $600. I'll be sure to check out your link too.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a 2013 with transfer case and 109k for $600. I'll be sure to check out your link too.
You'll need to reprogram that 2013 unit as it's not interchangeable with your 2007 as-is. The operating system versions on the TEHCMs are different based on year/year range and model/sub-model. Not sure if you were aware...

OP
OP
G

Gms1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'll need to reprogram that 2013 unit as it's not interchangeable with your 2007 as-is. The operating system versions on the TEHCMs are different based on year/year range and model/sub-model. Not sure if you were aware...
I was not. Where would I go to get the 2013 reprogrammed?

Also, hypothetically could I reprogram any AWD model year 6L80 to my 2007?

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not. Where would I go to get the 2013 reprogrammed?

Also, hypothetically could I reprogram any AWD model year 6L80 to my 2007?
You would need a subscription to GM's AC Delco Technical Delivery System (TDS) for programming along with a computer/labtop and presumably a cable interface to your vehicle and computer...I've never used it so can't tell you exactly how it works but the subs are available at a yearly cost per vehicle. I imagine you can reprogram any model year unit to work. with your 2007 but can't say for sure. The TEHCM part number is an indicator of whatever version of TCM software is loaded so if you are looking to buy used, you'll want to ensure the replacement transmission's TEHCM part number matches the one in your current transmission, IF you do not want to deal with reprogramming.

Here's the AC Delco TDS website

OP
OP
G

Gms1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You would need a subscription to GM's AC Delco Technical Delivery System (TDS) for programming along with a computer/labtop and presumably a cable interface to your vehicle and computer...I've never used it so can't tell you exactly how it works but the subs are available at a yearly cost per vehicle. I imagine you can reprogram any model year unit to work. with your 2007 but can't say for sure. The TEHCM part number is an indicator of whatever version of TCM software is loaded so if you are looking to buy used, you'll want to ensure the replacement transmission's TEHCM part number matches the one in your current transmission, IF you do not want to deal with reprogramming.

Here's the AC Delco TDS website
Awesome, thanks youbNick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse