2007 Yukon Denali XL AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jordanwoods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all!

I just joined this forum today so forgive me if I’m going about this the wrong way. I bought a 2007 Yukon XL Denali fairly recently and have been wanting to get new wheels for it. I want 24” wheels on 35s. I’m going to have to raise it up a bit to fit what I want and I know it’s possible but it’s confusing. My Yukon is equipped with the Autoride in the rear and it’s AWD. I do not want any lights on my dash. I would like to keep my Autoride. All the lifts I’ve seen say they work with the 4WD models but specifically not the AWD models. I’m only looking to do max of 3.5” leveling kit and that’s it. It seems slightly complicated. This is my first time having the urge to do anything that isn’t stock to a vehicle I’ve owned. Can someone help me lol PLEASE. If you know what I need please put the exact part names in your response. I’ve had people answer me before and they didn’t dumb it down for me to understand correctly HELP ME!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

This is not something that I would do to my 07 Yukon XL Denali, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in to assist you.

OP
OP
jordanwoods

jordanwoods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

This is not something that I would do to my 07 Yukon XL Denali, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in to assist you.
Why wouldn’t you do it? I’m only wanting to just to fit the wheels I want. I’m also 6’5 and have to duck under my trunk every it is fully opened

Attachments

• IMG_4774.jpeg
    IMG_4774.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4826.jpeg
    IMG_4826.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4569.jpeg
    IMG_4569.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 7

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn’t you do it? I’m only wanting to just to fit the wheels I want. I’m also 6’5 and have to duck under my trunk every it is fully opened
Just my personal preference. I've got everything that I want without lifting my truck and having to modify all of my ride control sensors. Plus, I really like the way that my truck handles with its current center of gravity.

Down8

Reaction score
Hey all!

I just joined this forum today so forgive me if I’m going about this the wrong way. I bought a 2007 Yukon XL Denali fairly recently and have been wanting to get new wheels for it. I want 24” wheels on 35s. I’m going to have to raise it up a bit to fit what I want and I know it’s possible but it’s confusing. My Yukon is equipped with the Autoride in the rear and it’s AWD. I do not want any lights on my dash. I would like to keep my Autoride. All the lifts I’ve seen say they work with the 4WD models but specifically not the AWD models. I’m only looking to do max of 3.5” leveling kit and that’s it. It seems slightly complicated. This is my first time having the urge to do anything that isn’t stock to a vehicle I’ve owned. Can someone help me lol PLEASE. If you know what I need please put the exact part names in your response. I’ve had people answer me before and they didn’t dumb it down for me to understand correctly HELP ME!!
It might be worth going into a 4WD shop near you, to chat up their staff. Sometimes it's easier/quicker to ping-pong questions with someone in person. Not trying to scare you away from this forum (just got here myself). But if you're starting form absolute zero, that just involves a lot of reading, so your questions can be more specific. General stuff can get lost in the wash, so to speak.

More helpful, hopefully: from the little I've seen on this, you'll need a more complicated/expensive true/full diff drop to keep your CVs happy with your AWD set-up. The autoride, I think, can be fooled with some modification. But I don't have details, b/c I have standard 4WD & haven't researched it.

Sorry I can't give you more useful info. I'm sure it's here, but you'll need to do a lot of searching/parsing to gain knowledge on options.

-bZj

OP
OP
jordanwoods

jordanwoods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Strangely enough that was the first thing I did. Went to a well known shop in my area. One that has done lots of custom work for celebrities. I was just told they couldn’t find a kit that would work. That’s when they gave up. Keep in mind I warned them ahead of time it was AWD and had autoride and I told them I had already looked around for something and couldn’t find anything that worked specifically with my Yukon.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely start saving up for a replacement trans or performance rebuild. Heavy tires and wheels are ******* components, oh probably need a regear unless you have stock 4.10s already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019