2007 Yukon XL Denali Pulsating Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the last 2 months or so all the lights have been flickering or pulsating. It seems to be getting worse. The headlights and the dome lights are doing it?

Any advice? I originally thought battery and wires but have read that might not be it?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you know how to use a volt meter?
and is the vehicle completely stock no aftermarket car stereo setup or anything like that
if you do know how to use a volt meter check the alternator output it has a small post on the back of it should be between 13.8 to 14.4
then check the voltage at the battery terminals while its running
then check yer batterys voltage after the vehicle has been off for at least 30 min

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you know how to use a volt meter?
and is the vehicle completely stock no aftermarket car stereo setup or anything like that
if you do know how to use a volt meter check the alternator output it has a small post on the back of it should be between 13.8 to 14.4
then check the voltage at the battery terminals while its running
then check yer batterys voltage after the vehicle has been off for at least 30 min

Its been a while since i have used it. Its at the bottom of the tool box but I should be able to use it.

Am I looking for the same voltage at the battery terminals?

If its off, what are my options?

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. I put in a new battery and that did the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck did the same thing. I had my alternator checked and it was overcharging. I was under warranty so I dealer swapped it.