2008 Sierra codes P0751, 756, 761, 731, 877

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwikwater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the dealer flush and change all fluids @ 111,000 miles. Soon after I started having trouble with the tranny. 2008 GMC Sierra Duramax, 6 spd. I've kept clearing the codes and driving, but they're getting more frequent. Since most of these come back to solenoids & pressure switches, I think they stirred up the gunk and didn't get it all flushed out. The dealer, of course, denies it!! Any thoughts? Have the tranny flushed again by another shop?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the dealer flush and change all fluids @ 111,000 miles. Soon after I started having trouble with the tranny. 2008 GMC Sierra Duramax, 6 spd. I've kept clearing the codes and driving, but they're getting more frequent. Since most of these come back to solenoids & pressure switches, I think they stirred up the gunk and didn't get it all flushed out. The dealer, of course, denies it!! Any thoughts? Have the tranny flushed again by another shop?
I’m guessing they didn’t drop the pan, clean it out and replace the filter first? Not sure that’s typical protocol, but it’s what I’ve asked them to do before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swampiesteve1