2008 tahoe Silent Misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lspann3525

Reaction score
Well over the weekend I got tired of seeing the engine light so I scanned the tahoe and got a P0455. I checked around looking for leaks in the evap system but couldnt find any. I remember replacing the evap valve on the left side of the intake manifold with a autozone brand and remember it came with lifetime warranty so I got a replacement from autozone and reset the dtc code. The engine light never came back on but I could feel a misfire scanned it now im getting a p0300..hooked the scan tool back up checked the misfire cylinder option and seen cylinder 1 was misfiring but not constantly and the engine light never indicated it. So I went back down to autzone bought a replacement sparkplug. Removed the old spark plug and it was a AC Delco 41-110. The replacement I bought was a AC Delco 41-162. But after installing the new spark plug seems that cured the misfire. And the vibrating idle has disappeared.

Anyway to tell which year motor I have? The spark plug I removed seems to not be for the 2008 year

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you Google those numbers, I believe the 162 has replaced the 110 plug, they don't make it anymore.

I'd have to go back thru order history to make sure, but I'm pretty sure I got 162 from rock auto, when I pulled mine out they were the older 110. there's whole threads about them.

same same I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk