2010 Yukon Denali Retrofit + Lighting Modifications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Scott.

Yup I'd probably do the same thing, although now TRS offers a modified version of the LS460 with a relocated solenoid, which would make it fit in the Yukon. Btw, BFC charges around $1k for a standard MH1 retro, BG less for the same thing. I tend to favor experience with retros so I'd use BFC, but BG does a good job as well.

Mine was more expensive because I used better parts than those builds, including more expensive projectors (RX-350), bulbs (Osram SVS), and ballasts (Mori 5Five). So closer to $1500 ... it'd be about that for the LS460 as well.

Here's a good discussion on the topic: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?51219-2007-gmc-yukon-xl-retrofit-suggestions

DVS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Post the results when you can? I'm looking to get this done as well.

GMMillwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a retro from BFC today. They actually had a setup done, but the customer wrecked his Yukon 3 days before, so he backed out. I considered going with upgraded parts like listed above, but this setup was already done and they gave me a considerable discount. I just couldn't justify the higher cost.

BFC was very helpful and always quick with email responses. So far, I'd recommend them.

GMMillwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Original price was $1160 plus PayPal and shipping. I got it for $920 all in.

DSCN1082_zps35dcd5b7.gif

DSCN1083_zpsa9c573b5.gif

DSCN1086_zps5e5dbf07.gif

DSCN1089_zps16121bc1.gif

Not in love with the LEDs, but the price was right.

Vegasf6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does seem very reasonable for a proper retro.
I would imagine you can cut power to the leds?

GMMillwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the LEDs and the halos run off the parking light circuit. Supposed to be here on Friday. Too bad the Yukon isn't due until mid-May.

rgncjn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My biggest concern that I haven't found an answer to is what happens at the back of the headlight housing? It seems like the mini H1 bolts through the original light socket so the headlight is sealed by the bulb socket gasket. However, in the case of the fx-r where you have to cut the shroud do you also have to cut the back of the headlight housing or does the fx-r also fit in the original hole of the bulb socket? Any pictures showing the back of the housing with these two projectors would help out a great bit!

Is the additional work to fit the fx-r projector into the housing worth the trouble and time over the H1? (For a 07 Denali nnbs)

Since the fx-r is a hard mount retro is there no adjustments when it is set? Is the more flexibility in adjustment with the mini H1 since the bolt to the shroud? Seems like if rotation is off you would be able to turn them to correct it and if the height is off you can use the stock adjustment?

Disabling the DRL, turning off the approach lighting and the automatic lights seems necessary with a retro. Has anyone figured out a way to make the turn signal bulb or fog lights take up the function of the headlight bulb instead of just disabling the functions? Seems like you could figure out what circuit going to the main bulb provides these functions and wire it to the turn signal bulb or fog lights.

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions. You guys seem to be some of the most knowledgable around when it come to dealing with a retro for these specific vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega