2011 Denali Bad air shock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enoob

Reaction score
I know very little about air shocks, but wondering if this is what the shock is supposed to look like or has something separated? The vehicle has just over 200k miles and I do not think they have been changed out before, however I have changed out the compressor. We do some towing of a boat. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20240329_171721.jpg
    20240329_171721.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That airbag on the shock is torn. Time to replace, before you risk burning out your compressor. I recommend pulling the compressor fuse, until you replace the shock. Replace both.

Look at RockAuto.com and GMPartsDirect.com by entering your VIN and using your RPO suspension codes on the sticker in your glove box to identify the specific part for your truck. Both of these places will sell you the same GM OEM shock at prices substantially below the dealership.

OP
OP
E

Enoob

Reaction score
Thank you for that. Both appear the same. Does that tend to just happen over time or might something have caused that?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is just normal wear and tear. Those air bladders are constantly flexing as the truck runs over the road surfaces. I believe that these GM OEM replacement shocks now carry a lifetime warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck

Latest posts