2014 Denali catback question:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sthmstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, just bought 2014 Yukon 2 weeks ago. Spent this time scouring these forums and can’t seem to find answers. Hoping for some help.

1: is there a difference between 2013 and 2014?

2: has anyone bought magnaflow 15626?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 73292331899__BF53EB26-70E8-48F8-9D7B-F5B0B179B05A.jpeg
    73292331899__BF53EB26-70E8-48F8-9D7B-F5B0B179B05A.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, just bought 2014 Yukon 2 weeks ago. Spent this time scouring these forums and can’t seem to find answers. Hoping for some help.

1: is there a difference between 2013 and 2014?

2: has anyone bought magnaflow 15626?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum
no differences that I am aware of
several members have different systems, not sure if anyone has that particular catback
the thing is with the Denali's the pipe is already 3.5" or more in certain places, so buying a whole system isn't really necessary but it's just money....
I personally went with a Borla 40946 xr-1 sportsman which is 3.5 in & out, free flow muffler

OP
OP
S

Sthmstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the info. I’ve seen several folk running the borla and magnaflow 12909 muffler. Still leaning the direction of muffler based on cost of course. I gather though the offset of muffler isn’t perfect though and may can’t system slightly.

I’d prefer perfect/ bolt on figment and retain the 3.5”.

OP
OP
S

Sthmstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Y’all probably right weld in best option for price/ value. I’ve got other things to do to truck before I do exhaust. Just trying to plan ahead and research. Also depends if flex joint is all frayed. In that case I’ll just do whole deal.

For reference seems like 11-12 Escalade is same part# as 11-14 Denali with most brands. Magnaflow only lists this system for 11-12 Escalade but no mention for Yukon. Unlike Corsa, does state it’s 3.5”, which is a plus. I also like that has 2 mufflers.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Best to call Magnaflow for compatibility. The issue with ‘14 being different than the 09-13 relates to pick up trucks only as the pick ups got their major model / year changes a year earlier.

There’s some good photos that were posted last year of the differences of the cats, their locations and number of cats on the 07 / 08 / 09. Probably not relevant right now, but maybe later.

Denali is stainless steel so if you’re wondering why that’s important, look under the truck at the stainless exhaust and then look at the exhaust mani under your heat sheilds and down pipe. Don’t forget you’ve got the 12-14 Esky Dual exhaust option too.

OP
OP
S

Sthmstr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Best to call Magnaflow for compatibility. The issue with ‘14 being different than the 09-13 relates to pick up trucks only as the pick ups got their major model / year changes a year earlier.

There’s some good photos that were posted last year of the differences of the cats, their locations and number of cats on the 07 / 08 / 09. Probably not relevant right now, but maybe later.

Denali is stainless steel so if you’re wondering why that’s important, look under the truck at the stainless exhaust and then look at the exhaust mani under your heat sheilds and down pipe. Don’t forget you’ve got the 12-14 Esky Dual exhaust option too.

Great info. Really appreciate it. Don’t want to go with esky, cool as it looks as it looks like you loose the spare.

I’ll call magnaflow tomorrow. See what they say. Trying to find decent exhaust shop near me. Tint place too but not much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts