Anyone install a WOOD & leather steering wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

For those of us who do like the faux wood in our Tahoes, I was wondering if anyone installed a high quality wood steering wheel.

I've seen some on eBay, but have no idea what the quality is like.

I've also seen another site (have to dig it up) selling what looks to be a VERY close match in wood. In emailing with the vendor, he believed that his was the closest match out there -- and the pictures appeared to back this up.

If you have one, how do you like it? Easy to install? Have some pics?

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

CPMS

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "high quality" but my Escalade had a pretty good looking mostly wood steering wheel. If you pick one of those up I'm almost positive it'll fit and it'll be OEM so the build should be solid. There was still some leather here and there on the wheel but it actually helped when driving (full wood like on my wife's Lexus can be slippery IMHO). Good luck hunting .....

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "high quality" but my Escalade had a pretty good looking mostly wood steering wheel. If you pick one of those up I'm almost positive it'll fit and it'll be OEM so the build should be solid. There was still some leather here and there on the wheel but it actually helped when driving (full wood like on my wife's Lexus can be slippery IMHO). Good luck hunting .....

High quality = good wood grain match (and OEM-matching leather). The Esky wheel would be great, no doubt, but I'm almost positive that the Esky wood is much darker and a different grain. That wouldn't look good with the Tahoe wood.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
There are wood steering wheel for the Tahoe that match and can be found for $100 and something if you look around right!

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are wood steering wheel for the Tahoe that match and can be found for $100 and something if you look around right!

You can't just say that, Nna! That's no fair. You need to supply info, not just say that they exist somewhere! LOL

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want one gets slippery when your hands sweat unless you wear fingerless gloves, and sunglasses like a bad episode of chips. lol

CPMS

Reaction score
Why would you want one gets slippery when your hands sweat unless you wear fingerless gloves, and sunglasses like a bad episode of chips. lol

This is true .... get one that has both wood and some leather. The wife's Lexus is a pain to drive because most of the steering wheel is wood. If I remember right, the Escalade wheel had leather on the "back" and wood facing you, worked very well.

007fl

Reaction score
Check out the Denali wheel. Wood trim (fake wood) around the outside,, leather on the inside.
I was told the "wood" trim is really there to allow for the steering wheel heater that won't work with just leather. Don't really know as I'm in FLA and don't have much need for a heater in the steering wheel. :)

The best point is that it matches the other wood trim perfectly and should match the Tahoe trim as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigburb3500