CarPlay no longer connecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you didn’t turn off WiFi in your car. If you disable the WiFi from broadcasting that turns off WiFi entirely which is what CarPlay uses.

If you don’t subscribe to WiFi data/hotspot in the car make sure you turn off the option to share data related to the hotspot under the settings on the car otherwise CarPlay will try to use the hotspot data and your internet on the phone will fail after the latest iOS update on the phone.

After you do that you may have to remove the CarPlay pairing which the other person suggested along with on the phone then re-pair it all and you should hopefully be good.

OP
OP
B

BrotriX

Reaction score
If you "Disconnect" the phone after the vehicle starts up and fails the connection...can you then reconnect it?

Try these steps, beginning from a powered off vehicle:
1) Enter the vehicle, with your phone, and start it.
2) Wait about 30-45 seconds until you see your phone is Bluetooth connected, but not CarPlay connected
3) Tap "Phones" icon on the vehicle infotainment screen
4) Tap "Disconnect" under the icon on the vehicle infotainment screen corresponding to your phone
5) Wait for the disconnect to happen
6) Tap the CarPlay Icon On the Infotainment screen corresponding to your phone
7) You should see it connect now.

This was my workaround when on Y168 when I had issues...connection would be solid after that. Usually had to repeat 1-7 above at every startup.
Y171 has made the autoconnect process at startup work about 95% of the time now.
There must have been some bad timing sequence in the firmware...

Let us know if that works.
Well, I’m back to having CarPlay connection issues, roughly 50% of the time. This workaround does not work for me unfortunately. What I really don’t understand is why I can’t even get CarPlay to work with a wired connection. Are both the USB-C and USB-A ports in the center console by the wireless charger able to be used for CarPlay? When the car connects wirelessly to CarPlay, it works perfectly. When it does not connect, nothing I do will get it to connect including plugging it in hardwired. CarPlay either 100% works or 100% fails until the next re-start, then there’s about a 50/50 chance again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts