Cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwrhyne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Yukon XL 1500 5.3.
I had a brake booster installed and master cylinder and when it came home the cruise control doesn't work. The mechanic sent me a picture of a red wire coming out of the main harness and said this looks important. Can anyone tell me what this is where it goes and if it has anything to do with why my cruise would not be working

Attachments

• PXL_20230107_163841640.jpg
    PXL_20230107_163841640.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 6

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 Yukon XL 1500 5.3.
I had a brake booster installed and master cylinder and when it came home the cruise control doesn't work. The mechanic sent me a picture of a red wire coming out of the main harness and said this looks important. Can anyone tell me what this is where it goes and if it has anything to do with why my cruise would not be working
that is the factory wire for either the installed brake booster or it goes to the tow hitch to provide power to a attached trailer I don't recall which.
in either case it attaches to one of the studs in front of the fuse box

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think that's for a brake booster. Trailer brake controller, probably (or aux power to a trailer as mentioned). Nothing to do with cruise control.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's for a brake booster. Trailer brake controller, probably (or aux power to a trailer as mentioned). Nothing to do with cruise control.
trailer brake control is a brake booster, at least that's what I have always refereed to them as
not to be confused with the master cylinder.....

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would suspect an issue with the brake light switch that's attached to the brake pedal lever. Mechanic would have been there with the brake fixes...

Do the brake lights work?

OP
OP
C

Cwrhyne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would suspect an issue with the brake light switch that's attached to the brake pedal lever. Mechanic would have been there with the brake fixes...

Do the brake lights work?
Yes sir. Brake lights work. Cruise fuse is good too

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Yukon XL 1500 5.3.
That's the "hotel" for the trailer, providing 12v to power a trailer's interior lights, outlets, etc. It is normally taped up under the brake booster and when put to use, connects to the right stud at the front of your fuse box.

It does not have anything to do with your cruise control not working.

Now when you turn the cruise on on the steering wheel button, does the amber light come on? If it does, the usual suspect is the brake switch under the dash... wait, those guys were working down there to change the booster. They might not have plugged it in or plugged it in properly.

Here's what it looks like. Always good to keep a spare on hand (D1539J or 25981009):

61iilcfcvQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cwrhyne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks y'all. Still need to figure out cruise control though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881