Cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the "hotel" for the trailer, providing 12v to power a trailer's interior lights, outlets, etc. It is normally taped up under the brake booster and when put to use, connects to the right stud at the front of your fuse box.

It does not have anything to do with your cruise control not working.

Now when you turn the cruise on on the steering wheel button, does the amber light come on? If it does, the usual suspect is the brake switch under the dash... wait, those guys were working down there to change the booster. They might not have plugged it in or plugged it in properly.

Here's what it looks like. Always good to keep a spare on hand (D1539J or 25981009):

View attachment 389131
+1. This is your cruise control problem source.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After an accident on mine the cruise would not work and also the brake lights where not working!!! So please make sure you brake lights are working. I replaced the brake switch and it still didn't work, it ended up being one of the little wires in the harness that goes to the brake switch broke and I had to solder it up in the foot well, not the funnest thing.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that it stopped working after the shop did work on it and also strange the shop didn't know what the trailer brake wire was. Let us know how it goes!

Autowholesale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's pretty much what @swathdiver was pointing out. The brake switch has three internal switches, and one is for the cruise control. See if it's properly connected. After that your mechanic may need to run some diagnostics.
Have you tried a hard reset ?

denalilex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the "hotel" for the trailer, providing 12v to power a trailer's interior lights, outlets, etc. It is normally taped up under the brake booster and when put to use, connects to the right stud at the front of your fuse box.

It does not have anything to do with your cruise control not working.

Now when you turn the cruise on on the steering wheel button, does the amber light come on? If it does, the usual suspect is the brake switch under the dash... wait, those guys were working down there to change the booster. They might not have plugged it in or plugged it in properly.

Here's what it looks like. Always good to keep a spare on hand (D1539J or 25981009):

View attachment 389131
can confirm. this is likely your suspect. if not - it could be a multitude of things… mine is my camshaft sensor needed to be replaced. it disabled cruise.

do you have any other symptoms ? would be helpful to know.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I paid someone to install this, I wouldn’t accept a feature that worked before their install, to no longer function after the install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881

Latest posts