dashboard/interior illumination not working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackvortec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ive had this problem for a while now and its starting to get on my nerves...
my dashboard doesnt light up at night, along with all of the a/c controls...light switches, buttons etc: i checked all fuses and nothing was blown... is there a relay for interior illumination? (02 hoe)
ps: my domes work

CLTMarketer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same Problem as you. Haven't found a solution yet to the entire dash lights going out. Lots of solutions posted here for replacing instrument cluster lights, but not sure why the whole dash is out. Bumping this thread up to hopefully get some input.

GREAT forum!

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a short in the system? Not trying to point out the obvious, but the dimmer switch to the right of the headlight knob isn't turned all the way down is it? I turned that thing down once when detailing and it took me a few minutes to realize what I did, lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a short in the system? Not trying to point out the obvious, but the dimmer switch to the right of the headlight knob isn't turned all the way down is it? I turned that thing down once when detailing and it took me a few minutes to realize what I did, lol.

Was going to ask the same, sometimes it's the easy stuff!! If not, let us know!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Lol if so then its a doh moment but I doubt it because his dome ain't working either.... I'd pm sunlit commet bro he is the holy tech for anything here. He can even make a pizza with his diagrams

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for 00-02, but on 03-06:

Power comes from the BCM (internal bus bar), and then thru the dimmer knob at the headlamp switch.

I would first replace the headlamp switch, hoping that it fixes it. If it doesn't, the problem could be internal in the BCM.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for 00-02, but on 03-06:

Power comes from the BCM (internal bus bar), and then thru the dimmer knob at the headlamp switch.

I would first replace the headlamp switch, hoping that it fixes it. If it doesn't, the problem could be internal in the BCM.

X2. My dimmer switch only works in one position. If it's not in that specific position I lose all my dash lights. These are known to go bad.

MGoBlue2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My light are all out also. All of instrument and ac lights out, my dealer told me to replace the instrument and they will all come back on. Don't really believe him doesn't seem to make sense. I am going to take out the IC and check the bulbs, I was told that 01-02 you can change bulbs 03 and older are not so easy. Let me know if any body else has any info. Also my dome lights go on Just IC and AC lights out

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest that, before going through the hassle of replacing bulbs, just get a multimeter and check if its getting power.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MGoBlue2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up. So i pulled out my IC and twisted the bulbs out, hook up to a 9v battery all light up. So I am now figuring this is a wiring issue or possibly the BCM body control module? Any body have any other insight on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881