dashboard/interior illumination not working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that its the headlight switch. The dimmer knob in the headlight switch is what controls the dash lights. And the dimmer knob is known to go bad.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find out what the problem was or is it just the light switch with dimmer? I ha my electrician take a quick look at it and was told that the fuses are good but one isn't getting any power and I'll have to take it back to him to really take it apart and look at it. I'll report back when I find out what the problem is or hopefully, was.

Sidepipes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Replacing the headlight switch/dimmer knob assembly in my 2004 (Part 15194803) fixed the problem. Pulled off the dash bezel, popped out the switch module, using a flat bladed screw driver to release the lower latches, did the trick! I now have dash/interior lights!

hugho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same Problem as you. Haven't found a solution yet to the entire dash lights going out. Lots of solutions posted here for replacing instrument cluster lights, but not sure why the whole dash is out. Bumping this thread up to hopefully get some input.

GREAT forum!
I have the same problem. fuse 14 for illum OK. I replaced headlight switch and didn't fix it. any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy