Dfm delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snakeboyaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an fyi for everyone since I haven’t seen this information out there yet. Mail order tuners as well trifecta are tuning 2021+ suvs it’s just not listed on their sites, both are about $1500. Texas speed also has all of the hard parts for dfm delete and cam upgrades. Once I pull my valve covers tomorrow to verify collapsed lifters I will be ordering parts and sending the ecm to mail order tuning to be unlocked and tuned which is about a 3week process.

Rustga

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an fyi for everyone since I haven’t seen this information out there yet. Mail order tuners as well trifecta are tuning 2021+ suvs it’s just not listed on their sites, both are about $1500. Texas speed also has all of the hard parts for dfm delete and cam upgrades. Once I pull my valve covers tomorrow to verify collapsed lifters I will be ordering parts and sending the ecm to mail order tuning to be unlocked and tuned which is about a 3week process.
I had a guy do the software upgrade on mine at his shop for 285.00. PM me for details.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rustga wouldn't share the info via PM, he wanted my phone number to text me the info....pass.
Exactly, likely because it doesn't work...or requires some illegal hack.

From what I know...PCM is locked down tight on these rigs; each one has its own key, based on VIN, and any "tuning" is not going to work for every vehicle, but rather requires a VIN specific key and only way to get is from GM, and only GM. Smoke and mirrors...in my opinion.

OP
OP
S

Snakeboyaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I suspected a failed lifter but after pulling the valve covers and finding everything tight and talked to the service advisor at the dealer had it towed in. Ended up being 5&6 rod bearings so the motor was replaced. I would still like to do a delete or atleast a tune on the new motor but it came with a 3year 100k mi warranty from Gm and I’m not willing to throw that away yet.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspected a failed lifter but after pulling the valve covers and finding everything tight and talked to the service advisor at the dealer had it towed in. Ended up being 5&6 rod bearings so the motor was replaced. I would still like to do a delete or atleast a tune on the new motor but it came with a 3year 100k mi warranty from Gm and I’m not willing to throw that away yet.
Thats too bad about the bearings, but has seemed to be a "thing" lately...seems more like late 2022 or early 2023 production having these issues...too late for me to ask what the date code on your engine was...since it is already replaced.

OP
OP
S

Snakeboyaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No idea when the original motor was built but it’s a 21. Could be wrong but it seems mine loosing rod bearings at 64k miles is a bit of an outlier as most failures I’ve heard of have been crank bearings in low mileage engines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20