Expedition won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done much with my Expedition. Rather than post this on my build thread, I'll ask the knowledge of the collective here.

My '04 Expedition went crazy. It was cutting out and nearly left me stranded. I've had the computer and dash cluster tested. I also have the "Smart Junction Box" (fuse box with a circuit board inside.) rebuilt. It had gotten so hot it melted. Evidently this is an issue with the Furds of this er.

It will crank just fine. The dash cluster will even show oil pressure as it builds. It will not start. I've tried shooting a shot of starting fluid into the throttle body but it won't hit lick. Does anybody know if the ignition works without fuel pressure or does it need fuel pressure before the computer will fire the ignition? With just shy of 200K on the clock, I'm wondering if the fuel pump hasn't failed. Of course this had to happen just after the tank was filled. :eek: If I have to replace the fuel pump I will, but I don't want to drop a full 30 gallon tank if I don't have to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny

Latest posts