Has anyone received an OTA update in 2024?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has received an OTA update this year? I had 6 of them from when I purchased (Dec. 2022) until my last one on 8/24/2023.

Does anyone know if they have paused OTA updates due to the issues they were having with dead batteries, or potentially they've stopped sending updates to my rig since it's ~2 years since its build date?

Personally I'd like to get the Y171 radio update without having to go to a dealer. Currently I'm on Y167 and a few of the bugs are bothering me...

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any OTA updates in my ‘21 for probably close to a year. Sadly some of those radio versions need to be done by the dealer. I know there’s an updated one for my ‘21 but if they don’t push it OTA I probably won’t get it.

Sadly in my case, I don’t have the Google built in infotainment system, so knowing GM they already abandoned that older platform in support of the newer one.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any OTA updates in my ‘21 for probably close to a year. Sadly some of those radio versions need to be done by the dealer. I know there’s an updated one for my ‘21 but if they don’t push it OTA I probably won’t get it.

Sadly in my case, I don’t have the Google built in infotainment system, so knowing GM they already abandoned that older platform in support of the newer one.
Don't be sad... It's much better than the google based system. Works flawlessly and rear entertainment useability is much better.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thankfully no. I don't need GM messing with something that works fine as is in their attempt to make it "better"

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has received an OTA update this year? I had 6 of them from when I purchased (Dec. 2022) until my last one on 8/24/2023.

Does anyone know if they have paused OTA updates due to the issues they were having with dead batteries, or potentially they've stopped sending updates to my rig since it's ~2 years since its build date?

Personally I'd like to get the Y171 radio update without having to go to a dealer. Currently I'm on Y167 and a few of the bugs are bothering me...
What is y171 update?

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked a few days ago if any more updates were available, nothing...so I guess they have all the bugs out of it now. But coming up on two years I've had the truck, time to trade it in on a new model, just like my phone :)

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had the Y171 done. Was supposed to take care of the intermittent radio on start up. Didnt do a thing! Anybody haveany luck with 171?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Y171 done. Was supposed to take care of the intermittent radio on start up. Didnt do a thing! Anybody haveany luck with 171?
Y171 cured my low blower speed issue and intermittent CarPlay not connecting.

But, I do still get the radio cutout, now more like 2-3 minutes after startup vs 2-10seconds.

Generally I’m happy w/ Y171

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I NEVER do ANY software updates unless I'm having a definite problem and I SPECIFICALLY KNOW that update will address that problem. When Apple has an update for my Mac, you can click on a link, and it will detail EVERY single thing that update does. General Motors does not do this. I have NEVER done ANY updates on my Tahoe. I'm perfectly happy with how it is working. Remember, it is VERY common for updates TO BREAK THINGS that were working or to TAKE FEATURES AWAY from you that you enjoy. A friend did a software update on his vehicle. Now every time he puts the car in reverse it emits a loud beeping sound like a dump truck backing up. Moreover, if for some reason, I hate the update that was done to my Mac. I can easily revert back to its previous state. You cannot do this with General Motors. You are stuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC GUy