How I detail my truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3blackchevys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
timmy...it looks like the clay bars on glimmerglass.com are sold alone. wouldn't i need a spray detailer as well to apply?

i'm gonna get a spray detailer any way for in-between washes and such so it's not a big deal

OP
OP
tast101

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's what Trend does and this post is what convinced me to detail my truck for the first time, taken from TF.com:

Okay, I've had a lot of questions on what kind of products I use and everything that I do to my Tahoe (wasnt sure where to post this)...Here we go:

1) Hand wash your car/truck with a good soap

2) Get a claybar at your local autozone/wal-mart I know meguiars makes some decent ones, once you get the clay bar open it up and get some soap and put it on the clay bar, and rub on your vehicles paint and make sure that it stays slick while it's on your paint, and you basically just wash your car with the little clay bar..once you finish washing your car with the clay bar...rinse...I use the Poorboys Clay Bar

3. Get some polish would recommend Menzerna Polish (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-fin...sh-po85rd.html)

4. Use some glaze - I use Red Moose Machine Glaze

5. Then some wax...I use the Meguiars NXT Ver. 2.0

6. I usually go over everything when I'm done with a Quick Detail Spray..I use Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detail (http://www.meguiars.com/estore/produ...uct_G14422.jpg)

(I also use a buffer when putting on polish and glaze and use Microfiber towels when removing anything I put wax on by hand)

These were taken after a nice detail

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can wax it after washing. just make sure you keep the vehicle wet.

if you feel more comfortable, you can order some migliore quick detailer.

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've only heard good things about them. well except for their frame/underbody cleaner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74