Lift Keys, 2" Spacers, 33s on 20s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Average lift gain from stock to z71 springs is .25-.5" but it does vary for each car. The benefit to swapping springs is the additional coils handle a higher payload for towing. Another plus to swapping the springs is when the front is cranked the rear has the same rebound feel. The stock rear springs are squishy with cranked keys and the z71 springs feel even with front.

That's a decent gain from a 2wd lift and yes if you add keys and z71 springs you will gain another 1" in the front and .5" in the rear.

Yes I assume you pulled out a lowering spring.

Reaction score
Oh and btw
there's a brake line bracket you have to bend!!! It bolts to the rear dif housing up top!!! There was no slack in it when i got everything bolted up set back on the ground... If you haven't addressed this you might want to check on that so you dont rupture your rear brake lines.

OP
OP
01Konvict

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I adjusted mine when I put Russell stainless steel brake lines on it but yes you should bend the bracket down so when the rear suspension is at max travel it doesn't pull the line. Good input!

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the part numbers and prices for rockauto and the current discount code good until 3-30-14. These sway links I put on the front. They're stock replacement but mine were shot so changed them out they were bout 3/4" longer then stock. I recommend changing the spring isolators out mine where worn threw.
F81281E4-3118-44A5-84CB-8B626EC227FD.png
Rear sway links I used TJ 3" rear lifted sway links are supposed to be the same as we need for the 2" spacers. You will also need 4 1/2" bolts washers and nuts I forget the length but I'll post Monday if I remember
My choice in Rear shocks Bilstein 5100's 3"lift!!!! They have more reach and only bottom out about half an inch less than the 1" lift shocks.. Oh and btw I'll never put another shock on other than these!!!! Before I cranked my keys all the way my ride was better than my factory Denali air ride!!! Only dif now is pot holes or bumps are a bit stiff cause of the UCA STOPS but other than that my wife says it's better and loves the lift minus not have step yet lol
My choice in Front shocks Bilstein 5100's DUHHHH
Keys and Spacers
My posted eBay ads shipped same day!!! My Rockauto order did as well best freaking auto parts distributor ever!!!

Excellent, this is useful information.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Dude your ride looks great!! Perfect lift and thanks for doing research on the sway bar end links! I have the TJ rears but will order some fronts. Just for the record if you have a Denali then you already had Z71 springs (Heavy Duty). There is a picture of the difference in this thread. Denalis, Z71 Hoes, and Escalades all had the heavy duty springs. Anyhow your fender #s are correct and pretty good gain! Mine measures between 39.5-40" on the front and 40.5-41" rear with same tire, so I would say yours is within the norm or better.

Interesting. I had read that the 'Nali and Esky have short softer springs, since the air ride can compensate for that.

I guess I don't need new springs when I get around to installing my bilsteins.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GCL24