LOWERED MAGRIDE ESCALADE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04BUCKET

Reaction score
NEED SOME HELP, ADVICE OR SIGGESTIONS.

NEW FRONT AND REAR VIGOR STOCK COMPONENTS ALONG WITH COMPRESSOR.

RODE BETTER BUT NOTICED CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS WERE SHOT SO I GOT NEW MOOG COMPLETE LOWER AND UPPER CONTROL ARMS AND LOWERING SPINDLES FROM MCGAUGHY'S ALONG WITH REAR COILS.

ON THE WAY TO ALIGNMENT SHOP, COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW BAD IT RODE...SEEMED AS IF FRONT STRUTS ARE SHOT...ALSO, LOOKS LIKE REAR IS SITTING HIGHER THAN IT SHOULD. GUY THAT INSTALLED ALL LOWERING COMPONENTS SAID REAR DID NOT NEED THE ADJUSTABLE TREADED RODS FOR SENSORS?

WAITING TO SEE AFTER ALIGNMENT HOW IT RIDES...ASSUMING I NEED TO DO THE BUMPSTOP PROCEDURE I JUST READ ABOUT?...HOPE THAT FIXES FRONT END DISAPPOINTMENT.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have information on the 'bumpstop procedure', please post it for us, of give us a link.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEED SOME HELP, ADVICE OR SIGGESTIONS.

NEW FRONT AND REAR VIGOR STOCK COMPONENTS ALONG WITH COMPRESSOR.

RODE BETTER BUT NOTICED CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS WERE SHOT SO I GOT NEW MOOG COMPLETE LOWER AND UPPER CONTROL ARMS AND LOWERING SPINDLES FROM MCGAUGHY'S ALONG WITH REAR COILS.

ON THE WAY TO ALIGNMENT SHOP, COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW BAD IT RODE...SEEMED AS IF FRONT STRUTS ARE SHOT...ALSO, LOOKS LIKE REAR IS SITTING HIGHER THAN IT SHOULD. GUY THAT INSTALLED ALL LOWERING COMPONENTS SAID REAR DID NOT NEED THE ADJUSTABLE TREADED RODS FOR SENSORS?

WAITING TO SEE AFTER ALIGNMENT HOW IT RIDES...ASSUMING I NEED TO DO THE BUMPSTOP PROCEDURE I JUST READ ABOUT?...HOPE THAT FIXES FRONT END DISAPPOINTMENT.
I'm guessing what you mean by bumpstop procedure is the autoride calibration procedure. Requires a Tech2 or equivalent to perform.

Front struts could be just disconnected or have dirty connectors. Check the connector on top of each one, remove and spray with electrical contact cleaner, then reconnect.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is another Vigor or budget z55 / z95 story. Vigor sells replacement struts compatible for (other than the fact they bolt up) GM trucks.

Vigor sources inferior hydraulic struts that are stuffed inside reused GM struts with the stock harness connectors left on top and internally connected to nothing.

Being that there’s nothing inside the strut to control, there’s nothing to calibrate in a Tech2 procedure and each corner of the truck will have codes / DTC’s. It’s not going to get any better.

If you paid by credit card or PayPal start your dispute process for a refund asap.

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score
I'm guessing what you mean by bumpstop procedure is the autoride calibration procedure. Requires a Tech2 or equivalent to perform.

Front struts could be just disconnected or have dirty connectors. Check the connector on top of each one, remove and spray with electrical contact cleaner, then reconnect.
I DID DOUBLE CHECK, EVEN HAD THE SHOP CHECK...CONNECTIONS ARE GOOD....CLEANER SPRAYED. SHOP SAID STRUTS ARE SHOWING DEAD MODULES ON STRUTS....NICE.

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score
This is another Vigor or budget z55 / z95 story. Vigor sells replacement struts compatible for (other than the fact they bolt up) GM trucks.

Vigor sources inferior hydraulic struts that are stuffed inside reused GM struts with the stock harness connectors left on top and internally connected to nothing.

Being that there’s nothing inside the strut to control, there’s nothing to calibrate in a Tech2 procedure and each corner of the truck will have codes / DTC’s. It’s not going to get any better.

If you paid by credit card or PayPal start your dispute process for a refund asap.
IF THERE WAS NO CONNECTION INTERNALLY, WOULDN'T THERE BE A LIGHT ON AS SOON AS REPLACEMENT IS DONE? I HAD NO LIGHTS ON AND RODE BETTER. ONCE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD AFTER SPINDLE REPLACEMENT WAS DONE, COULD TELL RIDE WAS BAD AND LIGHT WAS ON.

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score

IN YOUR EXPERIENCE, IS OEM ONLY WAY TO GO?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Since 04 running Arnott bags on our Audi allroad 6SP M and 06 running GM OEM that a service contract (S/C) covered, nothing but those.

Since last year Arnott is no longer lifetime guaranteed but GM OEM is. Just bought two z95 Magneride from Rock Auto for the 09 Esky. It”s the first set as well as the last set I’ll have to buy.

Only Koni and a few others offer lifetime guarantees to the original purchaser. I’ve exchanged the Koni (at no charge) on our ‘90 VW Corrado 3x since ‘96. No charge is good.

OP
OP
04BUCKET

04BUCKET

Reaction score
REFUND PROCESS STARTED AND DORMAN OE SOLUTIONS PARTS ON THE WAY...MEASURED TODAY AND ALL OUT WACK...
WITH 2/3 DROP
FRONT LEFT-34 3/4
FRONT RIGHT-35 3/4
REAR RIGHT-36 7/8
REAR LEFT-36 1/4

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score

Rear "free travel mod" wouldn't be a bad idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick