My 2008 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of enclosures that sit behind the third row but I do not like any of them at all. They will be so close to the rear hatch that thyey would rattle like crazy even if they were pushing only 200 watts.
I say you remove that Bose sub and put it in your garage, then you will have enough space to put the sub box in. You may also have to relocate the Bose amp.
If that sounds too hard, do you have captain chairs by an chance?
You can also do this:http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/1005tr_2007_gmc_yukon_buildup/index.html

Yea I was thinking the rattling would be an issue with such a small space.. taking off the back of the tailgate and putting dynamat inside would be a little overkill just to get a little bass back in my life... and I love the Bose Sub.. I was hoping to ADD to it, not take it away.. I might have to find a JL Stealthbox and stick that shallow Type-R Alpine sub in there... or just do the Thunderform with the built in pre-amp. How many channels is the Bose amp? Is it a 5 channel for the 4 speakers and 1 sub? If I do get another sub in the back, can I still use this amp or am I gonna have to replace it with an aftermarket amp? In my old tahoe I didn't have bose so obviously none of this was an issue.. I'm just so hesitant to get rid of any of the bose because it sounds great (even compared to some sick infinity kappa perfect components I had in the old tahoe on it's own alpine 4 channel amp). And yes, I do have captain's chairs.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

very nice man. very nice.

Thanks, I like your truck too! Any suggestions/input for future mods are always welcome!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions/input for future mods are always welcome!

A port-a-potty on a trailer ... so as to assist those who s**t themselves when they see and hear your sick truck. :waytogo:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like the sound of the magnaflow??

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn: ....awaiting requested sound clips...

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds perfect. It is a nice deep sound that is not too loud and is much smoother then my stock muffler/volant tip. As soon as I have a minute I'll post a sound clip.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A port-a-potty on a trailer ... so as to assist those who s**t themselves when they see and hear your sick truck. :waytogo:

Hahah maybe Modded needs that mines not quite there yet but it is well on it's way. Esky bumper is in the works. The esky hitch cover and step pad is in. Awaiting the rear bumper cover and oem step pad chrome strip. Also my esky mirrors are back from paint. No one has Summit White esky mirrors so that should look interestingly unique.

Pics will come soon. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before it's all over you're going to have an esky clone....

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07Burb said:
Before it's all over you're going to have an esky clone....

I loved my old tahoe so much I bought this one. The tahoe front end is just my favorite one but I also love all the esky accessories... BUT I would never put the esky front clip or the Cadillac logo on it. I'm not trying to imitate, just make subtle mods with genuine GM made parts...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21tahoepos