New fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveoe

Reaction score
Alright I just put a new pump in this afternoon and went to put some gas in and i can only put about two gallons in at a time. It acts like it’s full and kicks the pump off. The fuel lines where so rusted that the metal lines where seized in the plastic. I didn’t replace evap canister. I had to replace the end of one the lines that goes to the fuel pump. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this problem or anything like this. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 2

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
Wow that is an insane amount of rust!

The inability to pump fuel is almost always caused by a restriction or blockage in the vent path which goes through the EVAP canister. If you have to drop the tank for a major repair, it is a good time to flush the vent line and replace the canister. The good news is that you don't have to drop the tank to replace the canister. If disconnecting the lines to the canister solves the problem, that probably means the clog is not from the tank to the canister, which probably means you can flush the lines upstream from the canister and replace the canister without dropping the tank again.

OP
OP
steveoe

steveoe

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve never seen one that bad before. I did blow out the lines with air before I put the new pump in. I could take the line going to the canister to see if that solves it then I would know what the issue is correct. Thanks for the help