New Subs - Sundown Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
I stuffed in a new set of 10 inch Sundown Audio 'E' Series subs this week. You can hardly fit a stick of gum between the sealed enclosure and the rear hatch. It measures right at 12x12x46 and I have it sitting right on the floor. Actually it's sitting on a 1/2 inch board to keep it level with the trim. Currently I drive it with an Alpine PDX M-12 and it sounds insane. I tossed around alot of different enclosure ideas, but this is as simple as it gets and I couldn't be happier.

DSC00618.jpg

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!!

Where did you put your amps? What kind if wiring did you do?

MOAR details.... Please!?!?!?

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
I have 3 stinger batteries under the hood, 1 large one replaced the factory battery and 2 more small ones for support (they used to be in the very back but I ran out of room)

I have 2 alpine amps (PDX F4 and M12) mounted under the middle row seats. The F4 runs the mids and highs. I will add a pic of that install as well, looks pretty nice.

I ran 2 gauge from the main battery to the 2 amps. The HU is listed in my sig.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
That's a very nice setup!
I plan on using those exact amps on my next setup.
Their ability to put out more than rated power at that size and 4 ohms is real nice. They are high efficiency power houses.

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Wow, the camera flash really shows the dust and dirt - but here is the amp install, one under each middle bucket seat.

DSC00630.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210