Service Stability System Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Service Stability System warning light
3 or 4 times in the last couple of months the "Service Stability System" warning light has come on then almost immediately goes off. I've done two OBD scans and nothing comes up. Three questions:
  1. Any ideas what may be causing this short flash of the warning?
  2. Is this something that I should expect will get worse overtime?
  3. And if so, can you suggest what I might do to correct the problem before it gets worse?
Thanks!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you doing anything specific when the warning comes on? Is there some central connections to these occurrences? Like turning into an uphill street, or going over pot holes, etc?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you able to see BCM trouble codes with your scanner? My truck did this last summer and flashed at every start up. The only way I could see what it was being thrown for was with my tech 2 and going into the BCM section because that’s where the code was being thrown for. Turns out it was a wire in the airbag harness under the front seat that apparently leads into the yaw rate sensor. Fixed the wires and it solved the issue. However a handful of times over the last couple months it has flashed the “service stability system” message at startup. This time around though it didn’t pull any BCM codes.