Service suspension light still on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali GMC 87

Reaction score
Ok. I got an 08 yukon denali xl. Last year I installed the monroe conversion kit and completely removed the air compressor, the level sensors and pulled the compressor fuse. I did not at the time (last year) install the supplied resistors. I had too many other things going on. Fast forward to last night. I installed the resistors only to start the vehicle and the service suspension message still to come on. Is it due to the fact I completely removed all the other components? From what I researched I'm thinking this may be the case.... any insight would be awesome. Also. I've read that some folks have had to put a resistor where the suspension compressor was to get the light to go out.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, it would be extremely helpful to use an advanced code reader on it to get the specific code that is triggering the message. That would help narrow it down.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You are not the only one. The supposed fix using resistors to shut down DTC and hide them could almost have enuf content to start its own forum.

Meanwhile, the great guys selling all the fix it, bypass your suspension kits are banking off your hard earned bucks vs fixing it once with guaranteed for life OEM struts.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I got an 08 yukon denali xl. Last year I installed the monroe conversion kit and completely removed the air compressor, the level sensors and pulled the compressor fuse. I did not at the time (last year) install the supplied resistors. I had too many other things going on. Fast forward to last night. I installed the resistors only to start the vehicle and the service suspension message still to come on. Is it due to the fact I completely removed all the other components? From what I researched I'm thinking this may be the case.... any insight would be awesome. Also. I've read that some folks have had to put a resistor where the suspension compressor was to get the light to go out.
Level sensors need to stay on

OP
OP
D

Denali GMC 87

Reaction score
Oops. I yanked all 4 off and tossed them out... there probably isn't anything that I can do at this point I suppose. I wondered if that would possibly be of issue.

OP
OP
D

Denali GMC 87

Reaction score
As far as codes. It was all 4 corner sensor faults, compressor and one other. Can't remember. I'll just live with it I suppose.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Why don’t the sellers of these bypass z95/z55 kits put that info in with the parts or kit? Just not cool to put all the omis on the poor buyer who’s already stretched on their budget?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a shame that you removed and disposed of the level sensors. You did not need to do that, and as @Doubeleive stated above, that is the source of your continuing issue with the warning lights.

Maybe, just maybe, if you disconnected the Suspension Control Module, the warning lights would go away. It is easy to do and worth a try.

OP
OP
D

Denali GMC 87

Reaction score
Where is the suspension module? I removed it because I wanted to have nothing there that wasn't needed. Also I did read the directions and thought the resistors were the only thing needed. The other reason was I also really cleaned under the vehicle to get it nice.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is the suspension module? I removed it because I wanted to have nothing there that wasn't needed. Also I did read the directions and thought the resistors were the only thing needed. The other reason was I also really cleaned under the vehicle to get it nice.
it's wherever you left it? the garbage can and now probably the land fill?
or are you asking where it is located? if so it is under the frame by the spare tire.
if it is still there then you can just grab some level sensors from the junkyard and wire them back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pawaso

Latest posts