Side mirror trailer cameras?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Yukon has the same side mirror cameras as the Sierra that allow you to look down the side of the trailer while driving? I was under the impression this is part of the max trailering package with the Yukon, but after looking at all of the trailering info out looks as though the 15 camera view is only available on Sierras:
9C8ADCDD-D688-40E0-BE7D-1B9E43FFD5D4.jpeg

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my '22 At4 it does. When a trailer is connected it automatically displays the view down the side of the trailer when you put the turn signal on for the direction you're turning. You can also manually find that display using the 360button. We took a 600mi round trip over the holidays with a utility trailer and i really came to like that feature.

OP
OP
ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
In my '22 At4 it does. When a trailer is connected it automatically displays the view down the side of the trailer when you put the turn signal on for the direction you're turning. You can also manually find that display using the 360button. We took a 600mi round trip over the holidays with a utility trailer and i really came to like that feature.
I’m assuming you have the Max Trailering Package?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming you have the Max Trailering Package?
Been trying to figure out which package that is part of. Im not sure its Max Trailering- it may be the Prograde Trailering system? My At4 came with all of them (I bought one someone else had ordered and then backed out of - they had set it up with every option). These are all the options on the '22s:

trailer.PNG

OP
OP
ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
Been trying to figure out which package that is part of. Im not sure its Max Trailering- it may be the Prograde Trailering system? My At4 came with all of them (I bought one someone else had ordered and then backed out of - they had set it up with every option). These are all the options on the '22s:

View attachment 359898
ProGrade is included with Max Trailering as far as I know so I’m guessing I’ll be good. We just resubmitted our order last night with all of the same trailering options you have so as long as it gets built that way we’ll be good. Thank you for confirming, really appreciate it!!!

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ProGrade is included with Max Trailering as far as I know so I’m guessing I’ll be good. We just resubmitted our order last night with all of the same trailering options you have so as long as it gets built that way we’ll be good. Thank you for confirming, really appreciate it!!!
Good luck with your order! We towed a camper and utility trailer for years with trucks without all this tech but I have to say it is nice to have. On our trip over the holidays I just had a utility trailer with snowmobiles but being able to monitor the trailer tire pressure and look around the trailer is a very nice feature. What are you towing ?

OP
OP
ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
I agree. For my first 6 years in construction I towed a 10,000 pound trailer pretty regularly. It worked but man was it stressful at times driving hundreds of miles in rush hour Phoenix traffic.

We currently have a 26’ travel trailer. My main concern for the mirrors is our current 2020 Ram Ecodiesel, which didn’t have a tow mirror option when we bought it, is terrible to see around when making lane changes. It does have the lane changing sensors that get extended 30’ from the back of the truck when you plug in a trailer, but I don’t trust that technology like I would a camera.

kllerzomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been looking around, what does the auxiliary trailer camera connector look like? Even if the transparent trailer view isn't an option for a Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban, can you get that rear of the trailer view if you wire a camera? I've seen the "Park Assist Camera - GM (85004154)" which shows Tahoe/Yukon/Yukon XL/Suburban vehicle fitment, but doesn't clearly show which other packages are required.

• Other Names:Trailer Auxiliary Camera (Models W/Trailer
  • Description:
    Expand your field of vision with this Trailer Camera Package. It provides additional driver-activated views projected on your vehicle’s infotainment radio screen. It features a manual touch-screen menu, offering multiple vantage points around the vehicle.

2022ChevroletSuburbanHigh Country, LS, LT, Premier, RST, Z713.0L L6 - Diesel, 5.3L V8 - Gas, 6.2L V8 - Gas

The image doesn't help much.

Attachments

• trailer_camera_A.png
    trailer_camera_A.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 5

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get the aux trailer camera option then the 4 pin plug gets replaced with inputs for the camera. You still have the 7 pin trailer plug right below it.

Attachments

• 43EB5CF3-3140-41C8-A755-6E8C62C337F7.jpeg
    43EB5CF3-3140-41C8-A755-6E8C62C337F7.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 9

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. For my first 6 years in construction I towed a 10,000 pound trailer pretty regularly. It worked but man was it stressful at times driving hundreds of miles in rush hour Phoenix traffic.

We currently have a 26’ travel trailer. My main concern for the mirrors is our current 2020 Ram Ecodiesel, which didn’t have a tow mirror option when we bought it, is terrible to see around when making lane changes. It does have the lane changing sensors that get extended 30’ from the back of the truck when you plug in a trailer, but I don’t trust that technology like I would a camera.
These cameras and the towing tech are probably a big plus for towing a TT. Will be interesting to see what you think about the overall platform vs the Ram. Which engine did you order?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayden with 2011 y