Side mirror trailer cameras?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kllerzomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, that is very useful. I just have the 4 pin plug. Might take a look at some of the magnetic mount battery powered WiFi cameras.

If you get the aux trailer camera option then the 4 pin plug gets replaced with inputs for the camera. You still have the 7 pin trailer plug right below it.

OP
OP
ItIsWhatItIs

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
These cameras and the towing tech are probably a big plus for towing a TT. Will be interesting to see what you think about the overall platform vs the Ram. Which engine did you order?
3.0 Duramax. This is our second EcoDiesel, first one was part of all those recalls for the EGR leaking into the intake manifold. Ours almost caught on fire so that was fun. We had just bought it used so I took it to the nearest Ram dealer and they made it right but we had to get a 2020 to make it all work. At first we were reluctant, but when I looked at all the work that had gotten them to iteration 3 of that engine so quickly I was hopeful that they had finally worked most of the kinks. Knock on wood 36,000 trouble free miles so far. So hopefully the fact the Dmax has been in the Silverado for a few years now and we haven’t seen any major changes means Duramax already had a thorough understanding of the American style emissions systems and had a leg up from the start.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.0 Duramax. This is our second EcoDiesel, first one was part of all those recalls for the EGR leaking into the intake manifold. Ours almost caught on fire so that was fun. We had just bought it used so I took it to the nearest Ram dealer and they made it right but we had to get a 2020 to make it all work. At first we were reluctant, but when I looked at all the work that had gotten them to iteration 3 of that engine so quickly I was hopeful that they had finally worked most of the kinks. Knock on wood 36,000 trouble free miles so far. So hopefully the fact the Dmax has been in the Silverado for a few years now and we haven’t seen any major changes means Duramax already had a thorough understanding of the American style emissions systems and had a leg up from the start.
Good choice - especially with a TT I think that’s a home run. Hard to believe the Dmax is in its fourth year already. Doesn’t seem like there have been any major issues. Wish it had been available in the At4. The 6.2/10spd is great but I averaged 11.8mpg over about 600 mostly highway miles with a 14’ open utility with 2 snowmobiles - I bet the diesel could almost double that.

Yesssir29

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you get the aux trailer camera option then the 4 pin plug gets replaced with inputs for the camera. You still have the 7 pin trailer plug right below it.
Did you have this added or was it factory built with this?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have this added or was it factory built with this?
Came that way from the factory. I'm not sure if it can be installed by dealer - hardware should be easy enough but updating the software might not be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinsbritton

Latest posts