This is what happened to my tahoe in May

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have come close to 2 different accidents because other people were on their phones. I could see the phones in their hands. I am sorry but your daughter was at fault for talking on the phone when she should have been PAYING ATTENTION.

She's innocent about the phone thing until proven guilty. We shouldn't jump to conclusions. ;)

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck came back from the collision center today, only had enough time to get it off the tow truck and put on my RV PAD before I had to come to work. I’m on for the next 3 days so I will probably start the tear down Friday or Saturday.
1st item of business is to remove/cut out the old radiator support, remove the passenger fender. Then onto pressure washing the carriage so I can remove the steering box for a new one.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your daughter is okay. If the airbags didn't deploy on a collision that caused that much damage you might want to go over the entire system and make sure all your impact sensors are functional. It's possible that the system was not functioning correctly but didn't throw any codes.

GTRhino24

Reaction score
I run a collision center. While our OBS are built like tanks, they don’t really stand up to today’s vehicles in a crash. Mild steel frames bend like butter compared to the ultra-high strength unibody structures of today. It takes a lot off of the felt impact, but typically does a LOT more damage to ours. Glad your daughter is safe and glad you found a shop to take that on. Luckily she squared it up which takes the diamond condition out of the equation usually. Good luck with the rest and let me know if you have any questions as this is literally all I do every day.

OP
OP
th3 shifty

th3 shifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does anyone have a good source for a radiator core support that is NOT super thin metal? Or would I be better off going with a used factory piece?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnybalo

Latest posts