Upper Shock mount replacement bracket 1996 2D 4WD Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drednour

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are folks using for replacements for the right rear upper shock mounts? The readily available brackets on the web aren't correct for my yukon. Found out the hard way. Unfortunately, the bracket that I am replacing is completely gone so I don't know what it should even look like. My FSM hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know the p/n even if it was available to buy. Flying blind here so I would appreciate any guidance. Anyone know where I could buy one?

1996 GMC Yukon 2DR 4WD

OP
OP
D

Drednour

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. @915_Tahoe can probably get you the part number. He’ll need part of your VIN.
Thank you for the welcome. I think that I found the part number. GM 15972190. It is obsolete, so now I need to get lucky with some excess or a part out. Otherwise, looks like I am fabbing one up

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked rock auto or eBay? Brothers or LMC might be a source too.

OP
OP
D

Drednour

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately neither carry this bracket. Seems it is truly discontinued. Been trying to find someone parting one out that is in good shape. Looks like I may have to make it.

OP
OP
D

Drednour

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ended up fabricating my own bracket and it worked perfectly...so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1688.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork