What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone has done this.
I recently replaced my tires to a lower profile and as a result needed to change the spare size to the same.
View attachment 424212After lifting the spare back up into position I decided I wanted to do something to change the look of a spare hanging out of the back so I found a cheap leather look vinyl cover on a local trade site.

It cost me $8N.Z to do or $4 ish U.S.
It is a nug fit and tucks up underneath when the spare lifted into place.

Have done 1000 or so miles and it hasnt moved so I think I'm onto a winner there.

huh. my 96 had the spare inside the truck.

was that a 2 door thing only?

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen a locking gas cap in a long time.
Probably the cheapest original GM Part I have purchased for Her :D

I dont know if these are an easy syphon vehicle and because the Yukon does not have a locking petrol flap I'm just replacing like for like.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with one, but I don't know if it was GM original or not. I replaced it with a non locking version since it didn't seem to want to stay unlocked and I almost couldn't get it open to fuel up one day.

Got ready to go to town today. I keep a roll of blue paper shop towels under the hood in the driver side spare battery tray. I also keep a battery tender plugged in since it can be weeks between drives. I leave the hood down and latched only on the safety catch When I opened the hood this morning to unplug the tender, I see that the roll of paper towels had been well shredded since last week.

Bastages!!!

No idea where it took the bits to insulate whatever.

There is now a trap next to the towel roll.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20240523_143318.jpgI had a light blow on me recently.
Literally blew to pieces!
Since purchased the truck had been running these20240523_143342.jpgA previous owner had swapped out the factory lights for this model of Xenon or H.I.D.

Never liked them. Dangerous on the open road as they cooled if you were not using them while on high beam and when you had to flick down for oncoming traffic they were dim until they warmed
Only a second or 2 but dangerous on corners in the dark!20240523_143330.jpgI found these on ebay.
Cheap. Seem sturdy alloy construction
They go on Bright straight away!!
Let's see how long they last.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like LED's over hid mostly as well. but there's almost a easy mod. I think I found it here years and years go. where you get all 4 headlights on high beam. the lows don't go out.

it's a nice little mod. especially if you still had the hid in low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jose849