Working out of Yukon ideas..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone here use their SUV for work/Construction? I supervise crews and looking to start using this for work. Will mount a laptop tray, and looking for tools/parts storage for the back. I have an XL so I will fold down seats and have a bit of room.. Anyone throw in a pack rat tool box or similar in theirs? Lets see some work rigs.

RoadTrip

Reaction score
I do use mine for work as a technology contractor. My normal tools and ladders fit with just the third row down, with a WeatherTech mat underneath it all.

My former work van had custom shelving on both walls, so I bought clear, small storage bins to house the essential testers and parts and labeled them by category. The bins interlock and can be stacked, but I keep them to 2-high so that they stay out of line of sight. Power tools fit alongside.

On the occasions that I need my 8-ft ladder, I can fold the second row seat 40% down and it fits nicely.

I don't have pictures for you because I am not back in town yet, but I can add them later if you still want to see it.

I also installed a driver's seat cover to save on the wear and tear of jeans sliding in and out on the outside bolster. My interior is tan and I found the perfect cover at O'Reilly Auto. Air bag safe and matches the color and feel of the original upholstery so well, you have to do a double take to notice it.

If I need the vehicle for more formal events where we'll have passengers, I remove the tools, WeatherTech floor mats and seat cover and it returns it to a homeowner Yukon in minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy