WTF Trouble code P2135 again!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P2135 Throttle Body, a year ago, this cel came on, with reduced power. I was getting off the freeway, but had to stop due to an accident, then when I stepped on it, the car was dead, still on, but no go. I literally coasted down the freeway, pulled over to the side, I had my OBD ll machine, and I got this code P2135, took it to tune up masters, and they told me that my full throttle was dirty and needed to be cleaned. They cleaned it, and it's been good since then, well until about 2 weeks ago. CEL came on again, pulled OBD ll again, and P2135, cleared it, drove it for a week. Then, decided to pull the throttle body off, completely, and clean it thoroughly, put it back, then yesterday, twice I got the code. Now I read quite a few forums, and many more websites, which drives me crazy. Obviously the first answer to my questions is to change the throttle body, Does anybody know the part number. 2nd is the wiring next to the throttle body could be damaged and 3rd might be a bad pcm. This is driving me nuts, since I'm the type of person that needs to know. Specs on my Tahoe LS.

No Mods to it. Completely stock, not even rims. Over 100k on the hoe. Any help would be appreciated. Happy New Year.

Subduedracer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I ended up replacing the throttle body. There was a TSB on this. I'll look to see if I can find my receipt that had it wrote on it.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. I ended up replacing the throttle body. There was a TSB on this. I'll look to see if I can find my receipt that had it wrote on it.

That would be cool if you have the tsb on it, maybe that way I can go to the dealer and a get a new one, instead of paying for it. Maybe GM (Breanne) would help me with this.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd just spend the $50 give or take and buy a TB. See if that solves the problems. If this was an 07+, pretty sure GM's drivetrain warranty ended at 100k.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be cool if you have the tsb on it, maybe that way I can go to the dealer and a get a new one, instead of paying for it. Maybe GM (Breanne) would help me with this.

SURE, Breanne will help with her standard "Take it to the dealer" statement.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
llllljrlllll,
I am going to send you’re a PM so that I can look into this for you and see what I can find out for you.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd just spend the $50 give or take and buy a TB. See if that solves the problems. If this was an 07+, pretty sure GM's drivetrain warranty ended at 100k.
If you can tell me where I can find the throttle body for less than $100, you the man, so far I've seen it for $150 and up.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

:laughing1:

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

:laughing1:

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

llllljrlllll,
I am going to send you’re a PM so that I can look into this for you and see what I can find out for you.
Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Service
Will be sending you my info, lets see what you can do for me. If there is a bulletin for the throttle body, I'm not paying the dealer a diagnostic fee. Especially when replacing the throttle body, takes less than 20 minutes.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically, I just ordered the throttle body, hopefully this will help my issue, truck stopped on me yesterday at 10x's before I got home. Same code P2135, hopefully the new throttle body will fix this issue. Breanne got your pm, if you can assist, I will send you my info.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!!! Yesterday, the cel came on. Drove back home, and when I was parking, the truck accelerated by itself, thank god I was pressing on the brakes when it happened. I received the new throttle body, and just put it on, no more machine gun sound, and she's purring like a cat. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Thanks for those that helped, and to GM sorry for not sending you my contact, maybe next time you might be able to help me, but i'm at 110 k, so I doubt it.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!!! Yesterday, the cel came on. Drove back home, and when I was parking, the truck accelerated by itself, thank god I was pressing on the brakes when it happened. I received the new throttle body, and just put it on, no more machine gun sound, and she's purring like a cat. Hopefully this will be the end of it. Thanks for those that helped, and to GM sorry for not sending you my contact, maybe next time you might be able to help me, but i'm at 110 k, so I doubt it.

Have they EVER helped? If yes, PLEASE Enlighten me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts