01 tahoe sub and d pillars not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

etaeniura

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have found a thousand threads on this, but am still having issues, so please bear with me. I replaced the stock radio with a Sony unit that I picked up cheap on ebay. I wired up the harness, connected the blue/white wire from the head unit to the pink wire from the smaller harness on the factory deck, but no sound from the sub or d pillars. I then removed the amp bypass harness that I built a few weeks ago, and lost all sound. THen I googled it-someone said it was the orange wire from the small harness, tried that, didn't work either. I know my amp is functional, but i can't seem to get it to power up with the new deck. Any suggestions?

danniboi

Reaction score
You can try 2 different things, use a spare speaker if you have on laying around to test the audio output from the radio directly meaning take all the speaker channels from your radio and wire it up to the speaker to make sure they're all working, if that proves to be working then you have to put the blue amp turn on wire to the pink wire at the factory amp harness which is located behind your glove box.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay do you have the front and rear door speakers powered by the headunit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968