01 Yukon Denali Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I went and ran it with Dragy again lol. Before and after times below. I had the cat back and CAI before, they were on when I bought it. The after times are with a BTR Stage 2 cam, long tubes, rebuilt trans, and a Blackbear Tune. I'm pretty happy with the gains, it's a lot more fun to drive now. Once I'm empty, I'll refill on premium, reflash and run it again to see how much of a difference just going from 87 to 93 octane makes. One big help was the 30 degree difference in temp from last time I ran, so that will play into this a bit.
Before > After
0-60 8.4s > 6.51s
60' 2.55s > 2.19s
330' 6.9s > 6.11s
1/8 Mile 10.49s @ 68.95mph > 9.42s @ 74.58mph
1000' 13.54s @ 80.49mph > 12.24s @ 86.53mph
1/4 Mile 16.13s @ 86.34mph > 14.65s @ 92.77mph

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For audio, on my 02 Denali I’m running what I call a hybrid system- the Lux amp is great for running all the speakers less the sub. So i have a Pioneer head unit connected to the Lux amp with a PAC harness and steering wheel control interface running some inexpensive JBL 61/4’s in the doors and the stock tweeters and far rear pillars and the Pioneer is running a mono sub amp and a JL 10” sub in a stealth box. That way I utilized the stock wiring except adding wiring for the bass sub. There’s a write up somewhere in my build thread but I’m not sure where. There’s a link to the thread in my signature at the bottom of my posts if you’d like to look. Beware though- there’s a lot of really nice expensive things like superchargers, Wilwood brakes and the like that in there might temp you to spend more money. :)

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I have got to get back working on this thing some more lol. I spent a whole bunch of time on other stuff. I started finally upgrading the audio system in this. I got the front speakers replaced with Infinity Reference components. Going to put some Reference coax in the rear and I have a Tahoe sub box to put in the back, need to get a sub for it yet. I mounted the amp under the seat, but it leaves a very nice mark in the leather when the seat is folded down so I need to look into repositioning the amp.

I had a 17 Sierra Denali, turns out those things are an absolute pile. Less than 100k miles on it and the thousands of dollars of work it needed was not worth it. So I got rid of that truck and went back to an old 06 Silverado. Old, lots of miles (273k), but it came from Texas, so no rust. In Michigan, that's a big deal. It needs other work, but I like that stuff anyway. So now I have 2 project vehicles lol. That one would be good for a build thread too, but this isn't a truck page, so.......

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I have got to get back working on this thing some more lol. I spent a whole bunch of time on other stuff. I started finally upgrading the audio system in this. I got the front speakers replaced with Infinity Reference components. Going to put some Reference coax in the rear and I have a Tahoe sub box to put in the back, need to get a sub for it yet. I mounted the amp under the seat, but it leaves a very nice mark in the leather when the seat is folded down so I need to look into repositioning the amp.

I had a 17 Sierra Denali, turns out those things are an absolute pile. Less than 100k miles on it and the thousands of dollars of work it needed was not worth it. So I got rid of that truck and went back to an old 06 Silverado. Old, lots of miles (273k), but it came from Texas, so no rust. In Michigan, that's a big deal. It needs other work, but I like that stuff anyway. So now I have 2 project vehicles lol. That one would be good for a build thread too, but this isn't a truck page, so.......
You can do a build thread for your pickup, plenty of us have threads on our other builds. Here’s my Silverado build. https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...ed-cc-silverado-build-aka-the-machine.100281/

OP
OP
drdave81

drdave81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the sub installed, just a cheap one for now, one of those Planet Audio ones. I ordered 6.5 rear speakers, got the door panels off and realized, those are 5.25. So those speakers went in the Silverado since it had a couple blown speakers in it anyway. I still have to tweak the amp settings but it's a definite upgrade from the old Bose system.

I had to have Blackbear send me an updated tune. I'd been chasing a random P0300 for a while. It only shows misfires at idle, once RPMs come up to about 1000, they're completely gone. I went through swapping parts around, making sure everything was working as it should, and couldn't find anything. So an email to them and they replied saying the tunes tend to be initially set up a bit "loose" in hopes to catch any real misfires. They sent me a new one and now it seems to be all good. An occasional misfire counted, but not enough to trigger a light.

Now I have the P0449 to chase down. That's a new one. I was tempted to have them remove it from the tune, but if the equipment is there, I'd rather have it functioning.

Also finally got around to pulling the wheels and getting them all cleaned up yesterday. Mostly brake dust, but some grease from the ball joints/tie rods dripped and made a mess over time, so that had to get degreased and cleaned up. I love the TBSS wheels, but hate that you can see in them and see all the dirt and grease lol. You can reach in, but it's awkward angles to get it all, so since I had to rotate them anyway, good time to clean them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanamade81