01 Yukon, Rough Idle, No CEL, Clean MAF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All my searches for rough idles w/o CEL turn up "clean ur MAF sensor". Well I did that and it didn't help. I know it's not a fuel issue b/c I just put a brand new AC Delco fuel pump on it < 2 months ago (and the rough idle was there b4 the fuel pump went out).

What's next, plugs and wires? and if so, do I need to get some high end wires (like Taylors) or will the standard Oreilly' replacements do?

The rough idle isn't bad, it's pretty mild but it's just irritating, lol.

OP
OP
T

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ac deco wires should be okay... Check your sensors as well...

Which ones, like O2 sensors ? I was under the impression from reading that if any of the sensors were bad that it would throw a check engine light?

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O2 sensors may not throw any code when they are failing. They will code after they have failed. May not even be a sensor code that shows up as its failing. Got a catylitic inefficiency code once, but after looking at the voltages on realtime monitor, found a post cat sensor was going bad.

OP
OP
T

TurtleBeach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ahh, ok, thanks for the heads up, I may just replace them to be safe then after I do the plugs and wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conquer1