02 Tahoe Brake Lights Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jandito07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe. I am having problems with my brake lights not working. I have gone through some discussions on these forums, but no luck yet.

1. Checked to make sure the light bulbs were good on my tail lights/brake lights and they are working.

2. I Replaced the brake light switch underneath brake pedal still nothing.

3. I Checked Brake Fuse and still nothing.

4. I tried the Neutral Method to bypass the brake switch " Turn key to on > Neutral > Turn on regular and nothing.

A friend of mine was having the same issue and a mechanic told him it ended up being a burnt fuse on the turn signal assembly, he replaced it and it works now! Only thing is that the part he ordered was about $160 so yeah, I don't have that type of money right now.

Whats Next ? ?

I notice that wherever the circled parts on this image are in place/selected the brake lights turn on automatically, but when I press the pedal I get nothing only the top middle light comes on.

Any Help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
J

Jandito07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I have a 2002 Chevy Tahoe. I am having problems with my brake lights not working. I have gone through some discussions on these forums, but no luck yet.

1. Checked to make sure the light bulbs were good on my tail lights/brake lights and they are working.

4. I tried the Neutral Method to bypass the brake switch " Turn key to on > Neutral > Turn on regular and nothing.

A friend of mine was having the same issue and a mechanic told him it ended up being a burnt fuse on the turn signal assembly, he replaced it and it works now! Only thing is that the part he ordered was about $160 so yeah, I don't have that type of money right now.

Whats Next ? ?

I notice that wherever the circled parts on this image are in place/selected the brake lights turn on automatically, but when I press the pedal I get nothing only the top middle light comes on.

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
J

Jandito07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Whats Next ? ?

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
J

Jandito07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not checked them, do you know the name of the fuse or have a picture that you can provide? Cause the brake lights come on, but only when the the headlight switch is on like the image above.

Top Brake light works, just not the lower ones.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just start checking all your fuses. for starters try -

Engine Compartment Fuse location:
(PARK LP) Parking Lamps
(VEH STOP) Stoplamps, Cruise Control
(RR PRK) Right Rear Parking Lamps
(LR PRK) Left Rear Parking Lamps
(HAZ LP) Exterior Lamps, Hazard Lamps

Drivers side Fuse Block:
(TURN) Exterior Lamps, Turn Signals, Hazard Lamps

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
I have not checked them, do you know the name of the fuse or have a picture that you can provide? Cause the brake lights come on, but only when the the headlight switch is on like the image above.

Top Brake light works, just not the lower ones.
Yeah, look at the ones 02Burb said. Dont have pic but you should have diagrams on on the back of the fuse box covers. There is one box under the hood and one on the drivers side dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
conquer1