02 tahoe wont start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yamahamaxim1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi i got an 02 tahoe v8.I went to start it and it would crank but wont start.it has no spark and i got a fuel tester and im not getting any fuel at all.cant hear the pump come on when i turn the key on. the fueses look good.im thinking its a computer problem to have no spark and no fuel at same time.the truck was driving and running good last time i drove it.if any one know what i should try or change please let me know.thank you

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Have you had the distributor worked on lately? How long did it sit? Maybe a rodent chewed through a wire

OP
OP
Y

yamahamaxim1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
for spark i place a spark plug in the spark plug wire and put it by a bolt on the engine and also ran a wire from the neg side of battery to the plus and before that tryed starying fluid.

and mine is 2002 no didtributor any more.got coils for each spark plug.drove the truck in the morning and end of the day it would not start.so it did not sit for a long time.

delta579

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Crank sensor/connection? Anti-Theft ? Try removing battery cables and let it sit for a good 15-20 minutes so the ECM memory goes completely dead. Then reconnect and try to start. This would be the cheapest thing to start with. No codes ?

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think remove the battery cables is a good start too.

What was the point of the wire from the negative to the positive side of the battery?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

yamahamaxim1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry not plus i ment to say plug.I will try those thing and get beck to you with what i come up with.thank you for ideas.

OP
OP
Y

yamahamaxim1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi today i had time to look at the tahoe.looked at all the fuses agien and found the PRIME fuse blowen.replased it and when i go to start it blows the fuse.i had a gues guage and when i turn the key on it showes 50 psi but as it sits slowly drops to 25 psi.what is the prime fuse?and what should i be looing at now is my fuel filter pluged to much or fuel pump shorted?

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have access to any wiring diagrams? Check all wiring associated with that fuse if you can get a diagram.

OP
OP
Y

yamahamaxim1982

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no i dont have wiring diagrams.my brother can get some for me i think.first i need to fiend out what is the prime fuse for and what is on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat