03 Tahoe E-Brake All the Way to Floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O3 Tahoe LT. lifted 6” with 35’s. Whats been bugging me is the e-brake goes all the way to the floor. Barley holds if at all. I replaced the pads and rotors not too long ago. Also replace the e-brake shoes. I’m pretty sure I adjusted them properly. Still the pedal goes to the floor. I’ve read a few different threads on this and sounds like the fix really isn’t that easy. Any suggestions videos or links would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

whymeintrouble

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just from what i remember, with my 05 suburban, you can have everything perfect and within 6 months everything is screwed up again. I know, not a lot of details but this is from like 10 or so years ago.. I'm not getting any younger

justirv

Reaction score
It is the worst design ever. My '02 Z71 has had a problem consistently with this. I have replaced the rotor with hat, pads, all hardware, with no real affect. I've added a stack of washers on the adjustment "splitter" under the drivers door (along the frame rail) which seemed to work best. It's always been an issue. A couple of years ago, I was going to do it "right". I replaced all the cables from the pedal to the drum, all hardware and pads, plus purchased the factory tool to set pad spread... still horrible. Best results I've had were repeatly adjusting the star and fitting rotor/hat on, and backing off adjustment until rotor just clears... I went without for a couple of years, just relying on placing the trans in Park. Come to find out that may have had an impact on why my rear planetary ring gear cracked, so I take it a little more seriously now. Maybe drilling an access hole in the rotor to get to the adjustment star would work? I'll be following this thread to see how others have achieved success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigWheel89

Latest posts