03 Tahoe No 4 wheel drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inkman101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, today I went to use 4 wheel drive and it did not work. Transfer case went into 4 hi and 4 lo but nothing on the front axle. I tried a search but all I find is info for 99 and later.

Thansk Pete

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, today I went to use 4 wheel drive and it did not work. Transfer case went into 4 hi and 4 lo but nothing on the front axle. I tried a search but all I find is info for 99 and later.

Thansk Pete

Buddy had something similar on his Silverado. Turns out varmint chewed a wire on the T-Case.

Check that all visible parts are intact.

rich5368

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had that problem specifically but I had the whole Service 4WD light on my dash and it turned out to be the encoder motor on the T-Case. Cost like 300 bucks to fix. From what you're describing that doesn't sound like the issue though. Like it was said above check the front diff actuator. 4wd issues are common in these trucks for some reason. I got mine fixed and haven't had a problem since though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52