03 Z71 Tahoe Stereo Options. Need advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Double dins are always fun, but unless you want dvd or nav, there really isn't any need for it.

Im going to have to disagree here. It is far easier to search through ipods and usb drives with a touch screen vs the 2-3 line display on a standard radio.
Also a backup camera is a great addition as well.

If you want a quality screen for a good price this is about the best you will find. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74584_Pioneer-AVH-X1600DVD.html

Not alot of fancy frills but it gets the job done while not being a pos.
That site also gives you up to $30 on install accessories.

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Lol you dont have to disagree, IF you're using an iPod.. yes, touch screen will enhance the experience, but when it comes to real portable audio, such as a HiFiman HM700 or other "pure" audio device. +1 on the back-up cam though.

EDIT: if using an iPod touch screen is great. Since it has iPod linking it makes it handy to have the touchscreen. ANYTHING ELSE won't have that and a touchscreen would just be a bonus.

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything that you can plug in via USB will be easier via touch screen... I use a USB drive for all of my music and have it set in different folders... You can browse through all the different folders before selecting what you want... And that may just be my personal preference.

Also if you have kids the DVD player helps to lol...

OP
OP
JeffScott

JeffScott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I'm going aftermarket. I found an adapter that should preserve factory functionality here and a decent HU with aux, usb, and bluetooth here. So for now that's the plan. Thanks to everyone who weighed in!

Mister H12

Undercover Racecar
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I'm going aftermarket. I found an adapter that should preserve factory functionality here and a decent HU with aux, usb, and bluetooth here. So for now that's the plan. Thanks to everyone who weighed in!

If you're gonna get that HU from Crutchfield just get all of it from them, they'll throw the adapter in for half of Walmart's price as well as antenna adapter and mounting bracket.

OR..

You can buy it from SonicElectronix(dot)com

You get the HU, a similar wiring adapter, mounting bracket and antenna adapter.. for a little cheaper.

I realize I sound like a salesman.. LOL Just trying to help you save money!

Matt04Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lol you dont have to disagree, IF you're using an iPod.. yes, touch screen will enhance the experience, but when it comes to real portable audio, such as a HiFiman HM700 or other "pure" audio device. +1 on the back-up cam though.

EDIT: if using an iPod touch screen is great. Since it has iPod linking it makes it handy to have the touchscreen. ANYTHING ELSE won't have that and a touchscreen would just be a bonus.

So with that Pioneer the screen will be a mirror of my iPod touch? That sounds awesome.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with that Pioneer the screen will be a mirror of my iPod touch? That sounds awesome.

no, it wont be a mirror image... but it will be a somewhat similar interface. also most allow 2 way control so you can pick a song via the headunit or scroll through the ipod as well.

Matt04Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no, it wont be a mirror image... but it will be a somewhat similar interface. also most allow 2 way control so you can pick a song via the headunit or scroll through the ipod as well.

Nice, I think I may go with that exact Pioneer you suggested. Seems to fit everything I want at a reasonable price.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, I think I may go with that exact Pioneer you suggested. Seems to fit everything I want at a reasonable price.

Make sure to go to a best buy or similar and play around with it before you buy it just to make sure you like the interface on it. bring your ipod and usb cable and plug it in as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO