04 Yukon XL AC issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Local Plumber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 04 Yukon air conditioning system barely works in the front works fairly well in the back but only when I'm rolling, and getting warm as I idle. I've already replaced the radiator fan clutch water pump and thermostat as well as AC belt. Topped AC with can no leaks. Even while I'm driving if I turn on my front fan higher than minimum it will make the back AC get warmer. Front AC blows cool but not cold until I kick the fan up then it warms up as well, totally lost but I can deal with it as long as I'm moving, but being here in the Phoenix Arizona area makes for it tough day any thoughts from anyone? Thanks for your time

OP
OP
L

Local Plumber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, looks like a lot of people have a ac problems . I'm original owner of the 04 and she's been good to me till this year, so overall I think it's a damn good vehicle hope to be able to help others and get some help myself.appreciate the welcome

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start with getting some pressure gauges to see what the readings are. If it didn't have a leak you shouldn't need to add any freon, you want the correct amount not more or less.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to this great forum. I agree with @latvius get a set of gauges and ensure you know what the readings are and what they mean. Plenty of youtube videos on this subject.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3